Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Restoring 66' Ludwig Club Dates

John that deep green sparkle would look really cool. Green is a fav of mine too. band2 fun thread~! :)

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

Glenn - Yep! The dark version is deeper, richer looking. PITA to work with Glass wraps. They're thicker/heavier/stiffer than normal wraps and therefore harder to work with. I 'might' let the guys at Precision do this one for me. I'll see what kind of a price I can get out of Andrea if they do the job. If it's too much, I'll just do it myself. I just want these drums to come out right.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

From Purdie Shuffle

'Trying to be' (an awesome grandpa.) :p I want them to remember me and have good memories of me when they're all grown.Yep! Good one. I love projects like this one. Very gratifying when it's all done and you get to compare 'before and after' photos.John

How Stellar! He's going to love them! At 13, I would wager Black Glass Glitter with the Nickel over Brass Hardware Highly Polished. Bet he will want the lugs and hardware that you cannot just go and buy anywhere...The Polished Nickel has Class, looks expensive and has the Vintage Vibe that isn't so easily attainable. At that age he will not miss a single detail, and it will be the details that matter.

Posted on 11 years ago

> Black Glass Glitter with the Nickel over Brass Hardware

Drool-worthy combination isn't it? -I- would love a kit dressed like that! But, the guys are right, I'm not out to please myself, but the tastes of a modern 13 year-old. The Green with black heads will 'modernize' the look of the kit. It'll be something that won't look 'out-dated' or 'old-fashioned.'

The -next- Clubbie kit I do will be for me. Black glass is definitely on my radar for a future project. Good call. Shows you have classy taste. Kiss

John

Posted on 11 years ago

Man, where have I been? Sorry I haven't been in touch since I dropped this kit off John. So cool you decided to re-do it for your grandson instead of doing a restore and a flip, and definitely a straight from the heart gift he'll never forget!

I'll be in touch.

Believe it or else!
Posted on 11 years ago

Mick - Where have you been? It's like you dropped off the radar completely for a bit. Yep, I'm going to hook the kit up for my grandson, James. Still waiting for some $ to arrive so I can buy the wrap and other stuff I'll need. I'm waiting on some parts to arrive from some of the guys to complete the kit. The only thing holding me up now is the funds to do it. I've been waiting for awhile now for a check I've been expecting. Feels like it's taking forever, hopefully very soon now. Stay tuned. I'll post photos of the kit when I'm done refurbishing it.

Call me!

John

Posted on 11 years ago

John,

Haven't had the time, or I guess I overlooked your post. For that I apologize! Stunning story, and recall the day the same thing happened to me years ago, but was my father. Brings back some great memories, and smiles.

Did you find a complete hi hat stand, or are you still needing the cymbal post? Have a couple that are orphaned from it's family, and would send it your way if you like. Also have a few clubbie T-rods and claws in nickel...just give me your address, and they will ship tomorrow....no charge.

Nevin

Posted on 11 years ago

Nevin - Man, you've made me so happy I could hump your leg like a junk-yard dog out of gratitude! Bowing Kiss

ec Curtis is sending me the bottom of a flatbase stand, (also the hi-hat stand, and my good friend Mike L is sending me a Speed King,) so what I can really use is; one of those orphan cymbal stand tops that you have. I'll need enough nickel T-rods (6) for the reso-side of the 14"x14" floor tom and (6) for the reso side of the 12" rack tom.

Funny story... I had a bunch of nickel rods sitting around here for more than three years, about two weeks before I got this kit, I had gifted them to ec Curtis so he could finish up his drum. Wouldn't you know it, the minute I give them away, I need them! LOL

I will gladly pay for the parts and all shipping costs. Please pm me and we'll work out the details.

Again, thank you, thank you, thank you!

Love this forum and the people in it. (Most of em anyway! :p)

John

Posted on 11 years ago

No problem John...really! By the way, I believe I have a nice polished set of spur mounts in nickel....hmmmm, any chance you need a disappearing cymbal rod and post...all in nickel....? Just remembering all the stuff I have...lol. email me your address to [email]surface.n@maplan.com[/email] and will send you a gift basket. Use what you can :)

Nevin

Posted on 11 years ago

john

sent you a pm earlier today concerning the speed king. actually just got back from trying to mail it at the post office. yeah...presidents day...real smart mike! will be on its way tomorrow most likely.

mike

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here