Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Restoring 66' Ludwig Club Dates

Guys, thank you all for the help and great suggestions. I'll wait until I hear back from my daughter-in-law about his favorite colors, but after seeing Stedi's green clubbies, I hope she tells me green will be fine. I'm also going to incorporate my buddy Mike's idea to use a black Cory Miller Tattoo head on the bass drum to give the kit a more modern look. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Green!

I will surely keep everyone posted as to progress. Please check back, your input is always invaluable to me, and always greatly appreciated. This is going to be big fun for me!

Shortly (in a couple of weeks hopefully,) I'll be shopping for a set of brass and stands for the kit. I'd like to get him some nice vintage pies that he can use going forward. I want the kit to sound killer right out of the box and have it be something that 'grows with him' as he progresses. One day... he'll look at the kit with different, more experienced eyes and say; 'Damn! Grandpa gave me a killer set of drums!' lol

I need: 16" A. Zildjian crash, something bright and explosive would be perfect. 20" medium ride/Zildjian. And a set of 14" Zildjian hats. As for the stands, a 60's Ludwig hi-hat and two flat base stands for the cymbals. I'll be contacting BFulton for one of his refurbished Speed King pedals. If you have anything on the wish-list for sale, please PM me. I'm on a "Love Budget" so please keep the prices reasonable or I'll be forced to pass and look for something more affordable for me. Thank you all....

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

Good news John. I'm up for adoption! Need a fifth grandchild??

-Justin

"People might look at you a bit funny, but it's okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different."- Bob Ross

"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music..." - Aldous Huxley
Posted on 11 years ago

LOL - Welcome to the family, Brew! baby crawl2

Grandpa -

Posted on 11 years ago

From stedi

Again a great project John,...Clubbies are such sweet sounding drums,... the kid is gonna love it.I did 2 complete restorations, first one in Green Sparkle, the second in Gold.I must say that the Green looks absolutely amazing on them and would be my first choice.Good luck with and please keep us updated on the progress.

Both of these do look really good... you've done a great job!

John, I'm with you hoping he likes the green as that's my vote, too!

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 11 years ago

Man, that green JazzFest you made came out sweet. Killer looking drum. Yeah, I'm hoping green is ok too... now that it's stuck in my head!

John

Posted on 11 years ago

From Purdie Shuffle

Man, that green JazzFest you made came out sweet. Killer looking drum. Yeah, I'm hoping green is ok too... now that it's stuck in my head!John

And I don't know if I mentioned this, but the wrap I used on that came from Precision Drum Co. It was their current "blowout of the week" and it cost me $10. I had to order other wrap at the time for another drum anyway, so it was very easy to tack on the ten bucks.

Yes, the green is kinda stuck in my head now, too. I'd like to do a whole set in it, but I guess it will only happen if someone orders a set in green, 'cause my wife don't like it at all! So when I spend money on stuff that ain't already ordered, I let her OK it... oh well. I'll not trade her in after almost 36 years just over green sparkle! :)

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 11 years ago

From billnvick

I'd like to do a whole set in it, but I guess it will only happen if someone orders a set in green, 'cause my wife don't like it at all!

Mine hates my green sparkle Rogers, also. Must be a female thing! They're a couple posts up.But she puts up with my gigging, recently went up and back to SF Bay to pick up some Radio Kings and lives with my restoration hobby. Guess she'll have to stay.......

1 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

crash - ANY woman who is willing to put up with a drummer, is a keeper!

John

Posted on 11 years ago

From Purdie Shuffle

crash - ANY woman who is willing to put up with a drummer, is a keeper!John

You think drums are a tough sell. Shoulda been there when she first saw the boat!!

Posted on 11 years ago

From crash

You think drums are a tough sell. Shoulda been there when she first saw the boat!!

I've often heard that the two best days in your life are the day you buy a boat, and the day you sell the boat!

-Justin

"People might look at you a bit funny, but it's okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different."- Bob Ross

"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music..." - Aldous Huxley
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here