Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Restoring 66' Ludwig Club Dates

It's a gift from his grandpa, Jim. He'll light up no matter what finish I settle on. It's his first set of drums... can't help but be a -huge hit- regardless of color. The Club Date sizes are going to be a great fit for him too. He's 13 and wirey.

I'm going to start shopping for some nice pies, a pedal and stands to go along with the kit. I'll tune the drums up and he'll be able to set-up and play them right out of the box.

Gig/jam ready!

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

well regardless of the color, they are going to be sweet because of the love going into them.

Serious Karma points coming your way man!Yes Sir

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 11 years ago

Well, I fired off an email to my daughter-in-law anyway, to find out what his favorite color is. I told her about the green wrap I'm considering. I don't think that at 13 he "hates" any particular colors, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

And green might just be his favorite too! How cool would THAT be?

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 11 years ago

Well if the cats out of the bag then let your grandson choose the wrap, Im sure he would dig it.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago

From Purdie Shuffle

I like green sparkle too! I'll give it some serious consideration. I also like the black heads combination with the green. I just want him to 'light up' when he sees them.John

Me too! And I'm not a real fan of black resos. That said, I *like* the wrap your's has on it!...

1 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

From Purdie Shuffle

Well, I fired off an email to my daughter-in-law anyway, to find out what his favorite color is. I told her about the green wrap I'm considering. I don't think that at 13 he "hates" any particular colors, but it doesn't hurt to ask.John

John very cool project!! He's really gonna love these. Good idea asking what his favorite color is. That'll help get him a good one. Your a great Grandpop to do these too. These are the things he'll remember his whole life, perhaps one day when he's a Grandpop doing the same for his Grandkids. :)

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

John I say tell him you want to Get his opinion on "your" new kit and go from there! You just can't beat a surprise! He would feel good about helping pick "Grandpas" new kit color as well as finding out they are actually for him.

My two cents if it's not to late!

Posted on 11 years ago

Again a great project John,...

Clubbies are such sweet sounding drums,... the kid is gonna love it.

I did 2 complete restorations, first one in Green Sparkle, the second in Gold.

I must say that the Green looks absolutely amazing on them and would be my first choice.

Good luck with and please keep us updated on the progress.

2 attachments
102.2 kB
116.3 kB
Posted on 11 years ago

How awesome! He's going to freak.

You could ask him about what color you should use on "your new kit". Get some samples of his choices, so he can actually see what the wrap looks like. When you order the wrap that he picks, order enough to wrap his Jazzfest too.. Complete the Clubdates, present them to him and then get his snare to wrap. This way he'll be completely surprised.

Good luck and I'm going to love watching this project.

-Tim

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here