Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Restoring 66' Ludwig Club Dates

surface - email sent. Thank you brother...

Mikey - I've done that one myself and more than once! I got your note this morning, but I was on my way out the door and didn't get a chance to respond right away.

Thank you! Got the acetone and lube ready to rock as soon as it arrives. I'm going to put the pedal through the buffer and repaint the posts. When I'm done with that sucker, it'll be squeak-free and look spanking new!

You da man...

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

Email replied with a few pictures John. Will go out tomorrow.

Nevin

Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks, Nevin. May it all come back to you ten-fold. What goes around, comes around. Yes Sir

John

Posted on 11 years ago

From Purdie Shuffle

May it all come back to you ten-fold. What goes around, comes around. Yes SirJohn

+1 and a big AMEN to that. It's a good year. :)

What Would You Do
Posted on 11 years ago

Hey John,

I've been quietly following this thread, but I thought I'd just pop in to say what a great project this is. I really admire what you're doing, and I equally admire all those who are stepping up to help you out with parts, etc. This is truly a great forum on so many levels! Good luck with the build - I can't wait to see them when they're all done flowers2

Posted on 11 years ago

From Mspartacus

Hey John,I've been quietly following this thread, but I thought I'd just pop in to say what a great project this is. I really admire what you're doing, and I equally admire all those who are stepping up to help you out with parts, etc. This is truly a great forum on so many levels! Good luck with the build - I can't wait to see them when they're all done flowers2

Thank you... Bunch of great guys here, I've made some good friends along the way. (Apparently a few enemies as well, but oh well, that's life. I'm one of those, -you either; love me, or you hate me- guys, with few in-betweeners.) I'll post photos as the project goes along. I can't wait to see my James's face when I lay this kit on him, he's going to freak out big time.

John

Posted on 11 years ago

So,, do we have the wrap orderd yet? Started to remove the old wrap? HOws it going? I finally will have time to make it to the post office, but I must say, I knew it was closed yesterday,lol.

Jeff C

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago

Jeff - I'm just waiting for some much needed and long expected funds to arrive so I can buy the wrap and the pies for the kit. Shouldn't be more than a week or two now.

Re: Going to the P.O. on a national holiday... I've done it on more than one occasion. Case in point, on one particular Monday (that turned out to be a Sunday) I showed up at the P.O. with several packages to ship. Bev had a good laugh at my expense when I got home. I've heard every possible variation of; 'you don't even know what day it is,' gag that you can think of.

What gets me mad is... it's true! lol

John-Well-known Hippie Burn-out. Dead brain cells brought to you by; the good folks at THC labs!

Posted on 11 years ago

Ya I here ya, Im waiting for a job so I can eventually get the funds for regular bills.

Anyway, I will be watching and looking forward to seeing the kit go together, love those club dates!

Jeff C

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago

From Mspartacus

Hey John,I've been quietly following this thread, but I thought I'd just pop in to say what a great project this is. I really admire what you're doing, and I equally admire all those who are stepping up to help you out with parts, etc. This is truly a great forum on so many levels! Good luck with the build - I can't wait to see them when they're all done flowers2

My sentiments too.. a great labour of love.. (You must post a pic of the look on his face when you eventually hand over the kit). If, I had anything you needed it would be in the post as well..

Cheers

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 11 years ago