Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Restoring 66' Ludwig Club Dates

Well back to the sbject, I have a strange feeling the kit will end up green sparkle.

Thonbeck had a good idea, sort of trick him into picking the color and then lay it on him when its all done. That way you get both of best worlds, his choice and big suprize. Plus, not only is he going to be shocked with the drums, you are picking out some awesome cymbals and hardware to go with it. Lucky young man to have a cool G.P. like you with a big big heart.

Now for the rest of us you have to capture the look on his face when he gets it and post a picture. I suprized my daughter with a Toyota Camery for her 16th BD and hide a video camera in the shop to capture the moment. I love things like this, its so much fun to make people happy. We would like to be right here enjoying the momment with you and your family.

Jeff C

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago

From Brewkowski

I've often heard that the two best days in your life are the day you buy a boat, and the day you sell the boat!

"A boat is a hole in the water that you shovel money into" - a very wise woman

Posted on 11 years ago

Ok, got a response from my daughter-in-law today about James's favorite color. This is the note Judy sent me:

"He actually LOVES green!! It was meant to be."

Yee-ha! Green it is!

I have already acquired a vintage 60's Ludwig hi-hat and one of the two flat base stands I need for the cymbals. Moving and grooving...

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

keep a list going of what you need? some of us may just have something for you...

mike

Posted on 11 years ago

Mike - I still need the top part of the hi-hat (that holds the cymbal) and one more flat base stand. I've been trading for the parts I have so far. When the $ comes, I'll be shopping for cymbals, a Speed King and I need some nickel tension rods for the 14" floor tom. I'm missing 6 T-rods for the bottom/reso side. If anybody has these, please pm me.

Just waiting for some scratch to arrive that I've been expecting to purchase the wrap and misc. stuff needed to complete the kit. Mike, I'm going with your black (Cory Miller) tattoo head for the bass drum. Little guy is going to freak out when he sees the kit. I can't wait to see his face.

Jeff - I'll grab some photos when we present him with the kit.

I'm psyched....

John

Posted on 11 years ago

I think I have just the bottom of a flat based stand. If someone has a top by chance maybe we can toss these to John and complete his second stand. I'll try to post a pic.

Posted on 11 years ago

From Purdie Shuffle

Ok, got a response from my daughter-in-law today about James's favorite color. This is the note Judy sent me:"He actually LOVES green!! It was meant to be." Yee-ha! Green it is! John

Yeah! Bring it on!!! Green is good...........

1 attachments
Posted on 11 years ago

From ec_curtis

I think I have just the bottom of a flat based stand. If someone has a top by chance maybe we can toss these to John and complete his second stand. I'll try to post a pic.

Hey Eric - I want to publicly thank you and Vinny (Vintagedrumbug) for the hi-hat stand and the flat base stand. You guys are the best and I just love dealing with people I know and like. Puts a huge smile on my face.

crash wrote: Yeah! Bring it on!!!

That's what I say, brother! Jump For Joy

John

Posted on 11 years ago

From Purdie Shuffle

Mike - I still need the top part of the hi-hat (that holds the cymbal) and one more flat base stand. I've been trading for the parts I have so far. When the $ comes, I'll be shopping for cymbals, a Speed King and I need some nickel tension rods for the 14" floor tom. I'm missing 6 T-rods for the bottom/reso side. If anybody has these, please pm me.John

I may be able to help. Are the t-rods chrome?

Posted on 11 years ago

i just bought a speedmaster at a decent deal, that i now don't need. ive got 30 invested in it. thats what the clubbies usually came with. but the speed kings are usually more desirable. i might have an extra one of those. i know i have one that is complete but needs cleaned out(loosened up). if you have any interest in that one, let me know. it was gifted to me and can be gifted to you for the worthy project.

mike

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here