Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Rogers WMP Cleveland era 22-16-13 resto.............

From DanC

They only came with that little metal sleeve in the bottom hole. All b&b lugs, even snare lugs. The reasoning was that the tension load would tend to pull up the back of the lug and cause the screw threads to dig into the shell.If the holes were already like that, it's probably from someone at the factory fitting the lugs for the first time.

Thanks Dan. I really appreciate your time and advice!! :)

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

Little progress today. Just a quick recap....the lug spacing was larger on the lugs than holes in the shells. So I need to enlarge the top holes slightly. I enlarged the holes for the peanut lugs on the 13" today. Went very smooth and weapon of choice was a nice rat tail file. Measured each lug up to the holes 1 by 1. Went slow and no issues. I can see where they had been filed a smidge before. Maybe factory as suggested. Thought I'd take pics of this incase anyone down the road runs into the same issue.

1st pic factory holes as is with metal insert in bottom hole.

2nd pic enlarged top hole.

3rd pic lug on shell. *Note pic is facing the wrong way for hole orentation sorry.

4th 6 lugs installed with hoop n head. Please excuse the RK T rods it's all I had onhand.

Glenn.

Posted on 11 years ago

Looking sublime! Slow and steady wins the day. Nice work saving these drums.

WMP - just Classic...

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks John~! ;)

Yea it was the WMP that got me hooked on these shells. Good clean solid start with no extra holes or issues. Just time and money!!! Laughing H

Glenn.

Posted on 11 years ago

Those are gonna be really nice! Keep up the good work.

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks Jeff. ;)

My next hurdle is getting all the screws and washers for the lugs. My saving grace is a local place that has the sizes I need on almost everything. I may have to source the small fender washers elsewhere.... but no biggie. I need 100 screws, split washers and 50 each of the lg and small flat fender washers. Then age them to match the original stuff I have. Still lots of stuff to buy too~~!

Glenn.

Posted on 11 years ago

Glenn - let me check my stash... if I'm not mistaken, I have a bag full of Rogers lug screws and washers. I 'think' they're already painted grey! If I can track them down, I'll just send them to you. Check for a pm later.

John

Posted on 11 years ago

Hi John thanks! The BnB lugs do use a different screw that the BT's. The ones I need are 10-24" x 5/8" length. I tried some of the screws from the BT lugs you gave me (thanks again BTW!) but those were a smaller screw size. The washers are the same 1/2" and 1" width though.

Glenn.

Posted on 11 years ago

Oh man, sorry to hear that. The ones I have are from Cleveland era Rogers drums with Beavertail lugs. I was hoping to be able to help out with this great project.

I tried...

John

Posted on 11 years ago

John no problem buddy I do appreciate the offer!! Thanks!

Glenn.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here