Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Rogers WMP Cleveland era 22-16-13 resto.............

Thanks Joey. :)

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

Glenn -- looks like a great project.

Hey, I got the money for the hoop, and it will ship out today.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 11 years ago

Hi Bill thanks. I forgot to PM you about that. No hurry buddy whenever you have the time.

Yes thanks I'm pretty excited about these. It's expensive taking on a bare shell deal. But they were so nice I couldn't pass em up.

Glenn.

Posted on 11 years ago

> It's expensive taking on a bare shell deal.

That really depends on 'which' bare shells we're talking about. In some cases, no, it's really not worth piecing a kit together when it would be cheaper to buy a complete one. In this case (your Rogers shells,) it's the right thing to do. With some kits/shells you lose money/value piecing it together. Your kit/shells, when complete, will be worth more than you'll put into it.

Keep on, keeping on... it'll be worth the effort and expense. That's going to be a knock-out set of drums when it's all back together.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks John I was hoping it is worth the effort. I look to see what different kits are going for before I dive in. I don't plan to sell them but if I ever had to I try to keep the budget close to what I see some kits actually sell for. At this point I'm just hopelessly addicted to vintage drums!! Laughing H

Glenn.

Posted on 11 years ago

Not me, I dive in head first then realize I have sunk too much money into the project. You think a guy that runs a small busines would know better, I just get excited. Oh I do try to add up what I think it will cost to put together a kit but it always ends up costing more than planned. I have a spread sheet for everything I have purchased for each kit and where it came from. Im sure I couldnt sell my Rogers for what I will have in them. If I dont get a job soon, I might be selling them anyway.

Glenn yout Rogers shells are really pretty, its gonna take some time to gather the parts but it will be worth the wait. As always, I will keep my eyes and ears open for you.

Jeff C

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago

Jeff hope work picks up for you soon. I just had my hours cut back at work yet again. Really sucks. I'll be back to you later today re: the discussion we were having. :)

Glenn.

Posted on 11 years ago

From FFR428

Jeff hope work picks up for you soon. I just had my hours cut back at work yet again. Really sucks. I'll be back to you later today re: the discussion we were having. :)

Hey, I feel for you guys! When I got my 2012 W-2 from the school a couple weeks back, for some reason it hit me harder this time... it is less than half what I made when I was night supervisor at the AIW (Leviton) plant 12 miles from here. Hadn't thought about much lately, but it was 3 years ago this week I got laid off (when AIW sold out to their main competitor, Southwire).

Hope things get better for you both!

And BTW -- we got snow here yesterday afternoon and evening! Not much more than an inch, and there will be NO shoveling as it's supposed to be sunny and in the 50s this afternoon. Shoot, it will be all gone before I get off work!

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 11 years ago

From billnvick

Hey, I feel for you guys! When I got my 2012 W-2 from the school a couple weeks back, for some reason it hit me harder this time... it is less than half what I made when I was night supervisor at the AIW (Leviton) plant 12 miles from here. Hadn't thought about much lately, but it was 3 years ago this week I got laid off (when AIW sold out to their main competitor, Southwire).Hope things get better for you both!And BTW -- we got snow here yesterday afternoon and evening! Not much more than an inch, and there will be NO shoveling as it's supposed to be sunny and in the 50s this afternoon. Shoot, it will be all gone before I get off work!Bill

Bill if you want more snow just let us know we can send you plenty!!

Posted on 11 years ago

Keep your snow! Sunny and 45 here today.

Going to accountant tonight, thats never fun for self employed guys. Refund? Refund?

Hopefully work will take off and the drum hunting will go on. Loosing a kitchen job is month of income for me, I hand build everything.

But if work don't pick up, I can watch other guys work on drums, yahoo.

Jeff C

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here