Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

Rogers WMP Cleveland era 22-16-13 resto.............

2 different size flat washers (small under the insert, large under the back end), and a small lock washer under each as well. You can look at the impressions in the grey paint to see the size of the flat washers.

Don't know the thread size...

Posted on 11 years ago

Washers are 1/2" and 1" fender washer to get the small hole. Screws are round head 10/24 x 5/8", though 1/2" would likely work as well since I think a 5/8" length might be hard to find.

Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks guys~! Thats a huge help. Bowing

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

Well I'm at the point I can get some lugs on the shells. But have run into a small problem. And with that I have some questions.

I went to mount the peanut lugs on the 13" shell. All the shells have a metal sleeve in the bottom hole. Upper holes do not. The problem I'm having is getting both lug holes to line up correctly. I start the bottom first and leave a ton of wiggle room to try to capture the upper hole in the lug. But no dice. I had 1 out of 6 lugs go on with no trouble. The rest the top threaded holes in the lugs are about a half a hole space above the shell hole itself. These are not the original lugs that came on the shells. Is this a common problem when restoring these BnB shells? I would have to slightly enlarge the top holes with a small rat tail file to get the screws in the lugs. All screws thread into the lugs fine off the shell. It really seems to be some inconsistant spacing between the holes in the lugs. Yes?

Any suggestions or tips? Help2

Pics of the shell holes and the lugs and screws below.

TIA......

2 attachments
Glenn.

Posted on 11 years ago

[QUOTE=FFR428;257723]

It really seems to be some inconsistant spacing between the holes in the lugs. Yes?

QUOTE]

Seems I answered my own question. Yes indeed the center to center hole spacing on these peanut lugs are plus and minus 1/16"~! So 1/8" off from lug to lug. Yikes!! I'll need to spend a bunch of time measuring and fitting them to this shell. And hopefully find some that match close enough to fit. The others looks like I'll have to slightly file the shell holes to fit. With these just being stamped brass I can see there could be some differences.

Glenn.

Posted on 11 years ago

Bummer to hear you'll have to take a file to those shells. I'd rather hear someone scrape their finger nails against a blackboard!

Good luck bud... photos when complete please.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 11 years ago

Thanks John yea it is a bummer. It'll be next weekend before I have a chance to work on them again. So I'll update this asap.

Glenn.

Posted on 11 years ago

There was some inconsistancy in the spacing on those peanut lugs. That didn't usually happen on the other medium-size lugs. If you have to slightly open the holes to get them on, there's really no other choice. Not the end of the world.

In the photo, was that hole enlarged by you, or did it come to you that way?

Posted on 11 years ago

From DanC

There was some inconsistancy in the spacing on those peanut lugs. That didn't usually happen on the other medium-size lugs. If you have to slightly open the holes to get them on, there's really no other choice. Not the end of the world.In the photo, was that hole enlarged by you, or did it come to you that way?

Hi Dan. That's the way I got the shells. I haven't done a thing to the holes yet. I wasn't sure if there should be a metal sleeve in the top holes like the bottom? Or if someone enlarged them before. Seeing how they are 50+ years old maybe the lugs were replaced as they cracked? And the holes were opened up for the same reason? This is all uncharted territory for me so I'm taking it real slow and asking questions first. Thanks! That's good to hear the larger lugs should fit better.

Glenn.

Posted on 11 years ago

They only came with that little metal sleeve in the bottom hole. All b&b lugs, even snare lugs. The reasoning was that the tension load would tend to pull up the back of the lug and cause the screw threads to dig into the shell.

If the holes were already like that, it's probably from someone at the factory fitting the lugs for the first time.

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here