Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 123.24843%

Looking for feedback on 9 piece Emerald Green Pearl Gretsch Stop Sign Badge Drum Set

It's Vintage yet a sort of Modern configuration;

.................................................. ......Joe
Posted on 2 years ago

Based on how the toms are mounted, then yes, don't break up the kit! It should be sold as one beautiful "monster" set!

While I know that vintage Gretsch drums fetch more than other US made drums, I don't have enough experience with pricing. I'll let others weigh in on this. My personal thought is that, as nice as this kit is, I'm just not sure about the market for an asking price of $5k. I'll leave this to our Gretsch experts!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

Having seen that last picture, I would not split them up into two sets.The rails are positioned for that configuration, alone. Yes, you could make a lefty kit from the one bass drum, but that would effectively lower the chances of finding a buyer. In some cases, left handed players just play a right handed kit, anyway.

There are some issues. I see the Internal mufflers/knobs are gone. Do you have them stored somewhere?

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 2 years ago

Unfortunately, thought I did but I can’t find them. So I will probably have to sell them without the internal mufflers. Maybe 5K is too much? Is 4K reasonable?

Posted on 2 years ago

Well, again, every little detail WILL make a difference in value. I don't imagine that it would be easy to find replacements for all these drums....and, if they were replaced, it would be a lot of money. I'd look everywhere for them if you think they might still be around....Don't leave a stone unturned! :) as I recall, Gretsch mufflers were kind of massive things, so it would take a decent sized box to store them all in!

Anyway, I'd probably get them all spiffed up and photographed in detail....and then I'd get them all boxed up for shipment and calculate what it would take to ship them....factor in your time and trouble to get them to the post office or to UPS or whatever...factor in that Bay will take their pound of flesh....

You might have to sit and wait for awhile in order to find "that one" buyer...

You might also look into sending some information and pics to Steve Maxwell, a well-known vintage drum dealer.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 2 years ago

At $300 a drum you get $2,400, add another 100 to the floor toms, we're at $2,600, add another 200 to each BD we're at $3,000. as a shell pack.

I bet that will sell. Most buyer's will have snare and hardware preferences of their own and your hardware and snare go out as BO buyers or very inexpensive add on's to the deal.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 2 years ago

Thanks OddBall. That’s very helpful. I have to think they would move at 3K too.

Also, thanks for the suggestion, O-Lugs. I’ve sent Steve Maxwell an email looking for his thoughts and if he thinks this is something that would qualify for his private auction.

Posted on 2 years ago

From Heffron

Thanks OddBall. That’s very helpful. I have to think they would move at 3K too.Also, thanks for the suggestion, O-Lugs. I’ve sent Steve Maxwell an email looking for his thoughts and if he thinks this is something that would qualify for his private auction.

I do think that Steve Maxwell would be interested in this kit! Just not sure what he'd pay for it, though. Especially if he needs to turn a profit.

As to those missing mufflers, they can still be purchased new, but it would cost quite a bit to outfit all the toms with them!

Regardless of the few negatives, this is most definitely a kit that needs to stay together as one "MONSTER" offering!!

-Mark

Posted on 2 years ago

What a beautiful example of a 70`s rock kit.Between the wrap,the traditional sizes and being born together you really have something special there.

I am not up on stop sign badge prices but I think you will get 3000 even if you have to wait a bit for the right buyer.

Posted on 2 years ago

The 13" tom can be mounted with a change-out of the mounting bracket to the conventional diamond plate. There may not even be any visible extra holes. The same thing could be done with the 14" mounted tom. Or, the 15" mounted tom could have its mounting bracket changed to work with the floor stand with the 14" tom. I think that any of those changes would be simple and inexpensive.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here