Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.46138%

1965 Ludwig Super Classic BDP Project

My Supraphonic is the next project but no Novus for that. All Cap Cod and Simichrome.

Posted on 7 years ago

The kit is back together after hours of tuning. I almost have the first 2 notes of Here Comes the Bride between the 12 inch and 16 inch tom. I was trying for major 3rds between the 3 toms.

I have not put the jazz festival back together yet since I am still thinking about the discoloration.

I am also waiting for a custom resonant bass drum head so I put the old one back on for the time being.

I think they sound pretty good and the new bearing edges from Precision were a great help in the tuning and the sound.

This kit will get played a lot.

I will update when I finish the jazz festival snare and get my custom resonant bass drum head.

Thanks for all of your input and suggestions.

Jim

Posted on 7 years ago

SPECTACULAR! :D

I really like your drum room too. I'm playing in my basement! Your place looks like the Taj Mahal compared to mine. Really nice job on the drums. Enjoy them for many years to come.

John

Tip: Get some air cushioned rubber feet for the floor tom and bass drum. The drums will come to life for you.

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 7 years ago

John

Thanks. That is my basement. The kids have launched and I don't play golf, have a Corvette, or a Harley so I have some drums.

I'm not familiar with air cushioned rubber feet. Can you tell me more about them?

Posted on 7 years ago

I got my custom resonant head for the bass drum so here are some final photos of the kit and my jazz festival snare. Thanks for all the nice comments.

Jim

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here