Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.26722%

What some people do to old K's floors me

Posted on 13 years ago

Those might just be speed holes ;)...

But I'm slow; I don't like the sound of either of them. Especially for that money :p.

Seriously though, did they ever put an extra hole in the cup in the factory?

Posted on 13 years ago

Those radial holes are the physical proof of actual humans walking around with the brain capacity of chimpanzees (and with power tools). That's so ridiculous.

With the 2nd cymbal there- I have found that a highly polished old cymbal- if you then stop polishing it and just use it, handle it, play it- it can tarnish back up pretty quickly- it has no protective coating. Especially if you like the brighter sounding Ks it might not be the end of the world that is was polished. Unlike the first cymbal there- the polished K can at least be allowed to re-patina.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 13 years ago

There should only be ONE hole in a cymbal........the one in the middle of the cup, period!

Soap Box

Posted on 13 years ago

From Drumaholic

i bought the first one in the link that way, the first time i saw it man was such a pain to see it, but soundwise i bet it sound better that most of the ks you had and i had, that is why i didn't mind.

But yes the guy that did that was insane.

Posted on 13 years ago

From Ludwig-dude

There should only be ONE hole in a cymbal........the one in the middle of the cup, period! Soap Box

Nooooo,..there are two holes per cymbal, the mounting hole in the bell,.... and the top and bottom half !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago

That old K that Blakey had with the 30-40+ holes all around the outside edge.........doubt that was factory

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 13 years ago

From pompeya 90210

i bought the first one in the link that way, the first time i saw it man was such a pain to see it, but soundwise i bet it sound better that most of the ks you had and i had, that is why i didn't mind.But yes the guy that did that was insane.

But I didn't like the sound of that one at all.

Posted on 13 years ago

From Drumaholic

But I didn't like the sound of that one at all.

check your sound equipment then! Burger Kin

Posted on 13 years ago

The first cymbal sounds like it has an air leak and the bell sounds like crap !! But this is a personal preference thing ,aint it ??

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here