Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Im old and i forget easy...Are these Pearl or Tama?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

I've got a set of bongos with a Zimgar label on them and they say, "Made in Mexico".

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 14 years ago

Zimgar are Pearl. The bongos were indeed made in Mexico, the rest in Japn, then Taiwan. Brooklyn Music was the original distributor of Zimgar.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Interesting. I have a 50's Zimgar conga that would be pre-Pearl. Do you have any links or know anything more about "Brooklyn Music" - that's new to me?

Posted on 14 years ago

Zombie thread, but for the record, Zim-Gar set here is clearly late 60s Star OEM. Zimmer and Garfield apparently shopped around.

Posted on 8 years ago

From FloydZKing

Zombie thread, but for the record, Zim-Gar set here is clearly late 60s Star OEM. Zimmer and Garfield apparently shopped around.

What is it tells you this kit is Star? I have a kit with the same lugs and Ts, badged 'Crown' and I've not been able to place it. I've had Star, Pearl, and Hoshino kits, and this one doesn't match any of them. I'm leaning towards Teisco myself. So it seems that more than one manufacturer has been badged as Zimgar. Nice wrap!

LOGOS - Vinyl Bass Drum Brand Logo Decals
http://www.ebay.ca/usr/barrhavendrum...p2047675.l2559

Barrhaven Drum Guy
Posted on 8 years ago

WOW!! I love those FloydZKing

very cool wrap I have only the snare drum like those

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago

daddynowhere - All the bits are Star, no confusion to me. The mounts, the wingnuts, the shells, the badges; all high-end Star.

EDIT - Except I have re-confused myself now. The wing bolts are a dead ringer for Star, but I can't nail it down.

kenwood - Is that a 6-lugger?

Posted on 8 years ago

FloydZ, that is one cool wrap. I have to say that is the first time I've seen a bass drum used with a resonant, but no batter head. Hmmmm

Posted on 8 years ago

Hello FloydZKing It has been a while since I looked it over

but I am pretty sure mine is just a little six lug snare

Dan, one of the first things I do when I find a used stencil kit

with the resonant side hoop head and hardware missing

I transfer all those original components from the batter side out to the front side

Then I fudge together the batter side with components that will function and be as close as possible

while the search starts for better matching replacements for the missing original parts

such was the case with these Dorado drums

too bad about the mods to the mounting system ten lug bass and eight lug toms

1 attachments
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here