Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Premier '303 Outfit'

Hello,

I just finished my project on a Premier '303 Outfit' in my fav wrap 'grey shimmer' plus Premier 2000 Aluminium snare drum. International size shells. Premier cymbal arm between the rack toms fitted with a selfmade bracket to the double tom holders. Original 'Lokfast' cymbal stands. (But IC pedal and hihat and a 1st chair for better comfort:).)

Better images:

[IMG]http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/ee346/PaisteStar/Premier1s.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://s534.photobucket.com/albums/ee346/PaisteStar/Premier2s.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://s534.photobucket.com/albums/ee346/PaisteStar/Premier3s.jpg[/IMG]

Greetings,

Ralf

1 attachments
Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 13 years ago

Wow Ralf!!! Gorgeous kit and nice restoration :)

I have a set of the "Lok-Fast" stands including the hi-hat. They are amazing in quality and look.

How do you like the sound of those Mahogany shells?

I'm currently working on my own Premier 303 restoration in the Silver Star finish of '1968. I have posted my progress here on VDF just search "Premeir 303 resto".

I am looking for a few parts and one mroe cymbal stand. Do you know if Premier ever issued a boom cymbal stand in the Lok-Fast series?

Wondering as well if you may have any spare tom mount wing screws or know where I can get two?

Cheers!

-kellyj

"It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing..."
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks for your comments.

The sound of it: just great ... - long sustain (although mounted to the genuine 'disappearing double tom holder', which at other manufacturers leads to a 'stallen' tone), with a very nice 'bump' note. Not so 'attacking' like today's drums' shells. Much closer to the bommdock-drums sound, if you know what I mean?

BTW, mine are 3-plies with beech reinforcement rings.

NO - the wrap is still the genuine one, with no fading at all.

Acc. to my best knowledge, Premier started with boom cymbal stands much later (early 80s?). The catalogues of the 60s/70s, which I've seen, did not contain boom cymbal stands. (Although: a later 'cymbal boom arm' possibly would fit with the lower parts of the Lokfast flatbase stands ...?)

Concerning spare parts: PM sent.

Greetings - Ralf

Posted on 13 years ago

Wow! That is so sweet I could put it in my coffee!

fishwaltz
Posted on 13 years ago

I love Premier hardware !!

Very pretty outfit, Ralf !!

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

nice kit! i had one the same colour.you can indeed get boom lokfast stands ala keith moon.they come up rarley on ebay and tend to go for 25-45 gbp

69 super classic 63 supra paiste 2000
Posted on 13 years ago

A lovely kit - well done!

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 13 years ago

Nice job - looking very flash! Your drum kit caught my eye because I have a very similar 303 Outfit that I am sad to be parting with at the moment. It used to be owned by ex-wings drummer Geoff Britton, but it could probably do with a good tune up like yours. I've got more photos & info about it on ebay if you know anyone who might be interested??

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150496887853&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:AU:1123

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Great story behind that kit!

Ralf

Posted on 13 years ago

Hi Ralf,

Good work on your Premier.

I just got one and I was wondering where can I find the original grey shimmer. The floor and bass drum wraps cracked and I'm looking for the original wrapping to restore it.

If it's not possible, do you think by changing all the wrap from a good quality new one It could lose a lot of value?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here