Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

My New/Old 63' SBP Luddy Hollywood Kit

real nice kit mike

great drums guys thanks for sharing

gary

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 12 years ago

Jeff - I'll keep my eyes open for you. If I spot a nice one at the right price, you'll get a poke.

Doug - > i notice how tight your center is on the snare

LOL - Somebody along the way, when I was still a kid told me; 'You should be able to play on a dime!' I practiced it long enough that it stuck with me for life. Don't let the pattern fool you though. When I play at home, to entertain myself, I play a lot of roll-y stuff out on the rims. I love playing New Orleans Second Line stuff, Johnny Vidacovich, Stanton Moore etc. type riffs. All that stuff is a mix of highly synchopated buzz rolls and clangy, toney stuff. All out on the rims. But when I play, my pattern/where the stick lands on the head, is pretty consistent. It better be, I practiced a long time to get it that way. I don't wear out drum heads at the same rate some guys do. I play from my fingers/wrists, not so much from my arms.

Mikey! Hope you're feeling better and recovering well from the accident. Been keeping a good thought for you. Hey man, we HAVE TO talk about that "extra" 64' SBP you're sitting on! It's a year younger than my kit, but close enough for Govt. work!

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here