Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

5 weeks to cut bearing edges??????

I was also wondering what was taking so long for you to post a photo, I've been looking, and I know you coudn't wait. Hope you get them soon, I think you will, it's your Christmas gift to yourself...Mouse

"Drummer's Paradise" home of Kent Drums. Kenmore, New York
Posted on 14 years ago

From cooldaddy

I really have become fascinated with the whole kent drum story,and the drums they made

Yeah... welcome to the club :)

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks Big Daddy!!!! Ever since i have found out about kent drums i have been fascinated!! The fact that they were a very small company from new york that set out to compete against the big boys! The fact that they did make quality thin maple shells.the fact the owners had worked for gretsch before they opened shop,and the fact that not everybody has a set of these!! they are like the brand not everybody knows about-with alot of mystery and intrigue behind them!! the fact you can get a quality aged vintage maple set made in america for not alot of money if you search hard enough! and the fact that they were the underdogs in the american drum market place! ( I ALWAYS ROOT FOR THE UNDERDOG !!!!!)

LONG LIVE KENT DRUMS !!!!!!

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 14 years ago

Indeed! I've had many drummers come up to me at shows and ask "Are those the old single lug Ludwigs?"... and thus the conversation begins. Unless I'm doing a rock show, my Kents are the only drums I gig with. I suppose that if I were to get a call for a 60's type show, I'd drag the Kents out for that as well.

It's great to see others taking an interest in these funky little drums... unfortunately, soon we won't be able to afford them, once the word gets out - LOL!!

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 14 years ago

Did you get the drums yet? Give us an update...Mouse

"Drummer's Paradise" home of Kent Drums. Kenmore, New York
Posted on 14 years ago

no not yet!!!! this sunday will be the last day!!! if i do not have them by then i am picking them up,at that point is is beyond ridiculous!!! You know the whole story of this kit even before me!! Thanks for checking in!! Its nice to know that in this crazy world,there are some people who really give a damn!!

1966 kent jazzer-champagne sparkle
1972 sonor 6 ply beechwood jazz set
1971 fibes chrome over fiberglass rock set
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here