Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

1973 premier 2000 snare

hi I just bought a 73 premier 2000 snare. I loved the sound and bought it based on that alone when shopping for an upgrade. I paid $300 Canadian. it has the original double 12 wire but one is missing 2 wires. I would like to find a pair of replacements. also an original key would be cool, it has the slotted tension rods. The rest of my kit is a Yamaha stage custom

Posted on 7 years ago

Hi There....The wires you can buy them new from a shop in the UK. They are a full set of 24. Ive bought these and desoldered the wires and soldered them back onto prem 2000 original 2x12 plates. The shop is called www.themarchingbandshop.co.uk. The wires for the 2000 snare are 0655M. They cost £12GBP. Ive used these many times and they are great wires for the 2000 snare drum. ..........cheers sean

Posted on 7 years ago

Any problems let me know.

Posted on 7 years ago

interesting, I would not have the confidence to solder in a new wire with the same tension as the others beside it. but I will ask around to see if there is a local drum tech that can do this. I was hoping to find someone with a source for a replacement 2 x 12 or? Thanks for the input at least it another alternative to persue. I am not in desperate need as the snare wires seem fine, just missing 2, but I want to be ahead of the need. not sure how long wires last!

still digging the sound. I currently tune with tune bot and have it set at 290/330. does anyone have any different setting that also sound awesome.

Posted on 7 years ago

Sean,,,so you,ve used the 0655M wires successfully on the 2000?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 7 years ago

Hi......The 0655M are the snare wires that work on the 2000. Same as marching drum. On ebay some people try and sell them over £30 but new are only £12. Ive even took the wires off the newer ones and soldered to original prem 2x12 plates even used on royal ace. Nothing hard about making snare wires for any drum. But yes the 0655 are the ones you want.

Posted on 7 years ago

OK...I'm ordering 2 sets right now. I have a 1971 2000, and was told they can be hard to fit, so we will see. Thx a lot for the tip!

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 7 years ago

A lot of people have probs with the 2000. The biggest problem is if wires need too much adjust ment then the units with the adjusting height screws butt and strainer side are pulling inward meaning you struggle tensioning the wires. Some units start to break from over tensioning. You can tell by looking at adjust knob either end, if they are as far as they will go with lots of thread showing signs are they are knackered then you will struggle with any wires. Under proper tension on a 2000 hardly any threads should be shown. Ive repaired lots of these units that have bent and broke by straightening them out then a light weld with aluminium rods. The 0655M are the wires for a 2000 as long as both units either end are in good nik as stated if not in good nik you wont get correct tension. Another way is to strip the units out either end with the height screws and lay them on a flat surface. They should be straight with no breaks or kinks. If they are bent then its time to repair or replace as you will struggle with wires.

Posted on 7 years ago

Hi Taffy.....If you look on ebay UK quite often the 2x12 wires come up. Sometimes as a complete set or as one part. I prefer to make my own with new wire. As for tuning i just use the ears. The 2000 works great with lots of various types of tuning ranges. Ive always got a 2000 to hand. Although the one i have is a bit tatty now. very common cheap and easy to find here in the UK. Some great deals on ebay..

Posted on 7 years ago

thanks, I will keep my eye out on ebay, I am still looking into making or rebuilding the existing as you mentioned.

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here