Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

1973 premier 2000 snare

From Peedy

OK, got pics. Now to figure out how to upload these things. . .Me thinks I've done it. Turns out my memory is as faulty as my 32nd rolls.Date in Premier 2000 is actually 7 May 1975 (or maybe 17). It's also inked rather than engraved so it's possible that yours has been wiped off. Don't know why someone would do that, though.Date is on the handle side of the drum / flow beam.Off hand, I don't remember when Premier changed the name badge but they did from time to time. It would help to date yours if date were missing.Pete

Thanks Pete! Very helpful. I'll check mine out, hopefully it isn't rubbed off.

Cheers!

Posted on 7 years ago

Just an update:

Seems I'm drowning in 2000's lately.

I picked up a early to mid 70's Premier B303 AM kit (well, I'm 90% sure it's a B303)...it came with a near perfect 2000 snare. It's in even better condition then the one I got last month. Magnet test, it's COA. It's in amazing shape, the snare mechanism is set up just right as well. Only thing, its missing the muffler...think I'm going to put the muffler from the other 2000 on this one, and sell that drum off. I don't need two 2000's...maybe I'll look to do a trade, not sure. I'm going to do a thread on the new (old) kit soon, very cool score/story.

Cheers.

P.S. The kit came with a Premier slotted drum key! I was almost more excited for that then the kit haha.

Posted on 7 years ago

Wow looks in mint condition. Has a 5 digit serial number so would be roughly 74-on

Posted on 7 years ago

From dukekamaya

Wow looks in mint condition. Has a 5 digit serial number so would be roughly 74-on

Yup, would make sense considering the kit it came with. Cheers.

Posted on 7 years ago

Hi Guys..Had lots of prem 2000 snare drums. The B303 and the 303 are the same kit just that one has a 22" bass drum the other a 20" bass drum. Both sets came with lokfast hardware plus 2000 snare drums. Also top toms are 12x8 and 14x8. Great kits in birch for and for a period in mahogany. Over here in the UK the premier drums are dug up every where.

Posted on 7 years ago

I have...3 Prem drum keys...(2 are slotted)...Many Lokfast stands...old catalogs...3 high end snares...I can sell/trade!

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 7 years ago

Oh..forgot....a 14 by 24 ..VIRGIN :-; early 70's BD ..in gloss black...no extra holes!

Posted on 7 years ago

From blairndrums

I have...3 Prem drum keys...(2 are slotted)...Many Lokfast stands...old catalogs...3 high end snares...I can sell/trade!

Nice. What snares do you have? A spare slotted drum key would be a good idea haha.

Posted on 7 years ago

5.5 by 14 rare,BRUSHED CHROME RESONATOR.....

6.5 by 14" ....Brushed Chrome Hi-Fi.....1972.....one year only...AFAIK......10 lugs..

Olympic SILVER STAR...rare finish....8 lugs...

All are on eBay.......except 6.5.....I will relist........

Formula602 is my user name......over 450 all POS FB......

Posted on 7 years ago

Here 'tis...

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here