Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

1965 Rogers Buddy Rich Celebrity's/WMP

Thought I might put up a shot that I grabbed after sound check at the gig last night. These are my 1965 Rogers Buddy Rich Celebrity's, and in WMP of course! I have been gigging these for close to 10 years now, and they never disappoint! Here are the particulars:

14X24 (NOS front head w/original Rogers logo)

9X13

14X14 (personal choice on the use of this size, although I do have the 2nd 16X16 too)

16X16

5X14 wood Dynasonic

All correct hardware including the Swiv-O-Matic BD pedal

These drums were re-wrapped in "Antique WMP" as the original WMP was in pretty rough condition after all those years. The "Antique WMP" is a very close match to OEM Rogers WMP with regard to chip/pattern size, so the drums look quite natural/correct despite the re-wrap! Sound is a given... they're Rogers! :-D

Tommyp

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Omg!!! Gorgeous!! beautiful kit!!!Cool1Clapping Happy2

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago

Man oh man. I'd blow a buck or three to see and hear that beauty in action. Sweeeeeeeet kit.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

Just Beautiful!!! If I ever come across another restoring peoject where the finish or wrap is wrecked, I am going for the WMP. That wrap is goergous. Would you mind shareing the make and vendor?

Posted on 13 years ago

Daddy likes WMP!!!!

Yeah- I'm THAT guy!!!

Dead dogs like rusty fire hydrants!!!
Posted on 13 years ago

First, THANKS to ALL of you for the very nice comments! Glad you like 'em!!

Vibes!...

Interestingly.. ( and you may already know this ) .. most ALL the wrap available for drums is manufactured by one company, Delmar Products.. and they sell to most all the major drum manufacturing companies as well as the companies/guys that do drum restoration, building, material supply, etc. That said, this particular WMP, which is in reality called "Antique White Pearl", was purchased through Precision Drum Co., Inc/New York. Here's the link to their site, and specifically, the wrap catalog: http://www.precisiondrum.com/html/wrap.html Their sample shows this wrap looking much more beige/yellow, but in reality, it looks exactly the way my drums look in the pic. It is real close to OEM Rogers WMP that has gently aged, and of course with ZERO risk for opening seams... shrinking... discoloration/fade. Hope this was of help!

Here's another pic with a slightly different view.

Tommyp

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

That is one of the nicest colors there is. Beautiful drums.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 13 years ago

Tommy,

Those are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

James

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 13 years ago

I've used the Delmar antique white pearl wrap myself and love it. Looks sweet Tommy! That Dyna must sound out of control! Yikes.

Posted on 13 years ago

Always enjoy seeing pics of that set. She's a beaut!!

B

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here