Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

1965 Rogers Buddy Rich Celebrity's/WMP

TommyP: Flat out "stunning" kit, as are all of yours.Clapping Happy2

THANKS for sharing!

Many years ago I had an old Slingerland Radio King kit re-wrapped in Precision Drum's Antique White Pearl and was extremely happy with the results.

Posted on 13 years ago

absolutely awesome sweet kit love to here them nice job restoring them!!!

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 13 years ago

WOW!

Just wow...

I used that very same wrap on my old Cloud Badge Radio King. It is gorgeous, as is your kit!

fishwaltz
Posted on 13 years ago

Beautiful outfit, and a clean, elegant set-up, as usual.

Stunner, Tommy !!

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

Simply stunning. That set shows very well.

Posted on 13 years ago

Some additional commentary might be in order here.. because .. of ALL the GREAT comments from our fine membership on the VDF! Without further ado...

I want to mention again that I have been actively gigging with these drums for over 10 years now, and, they were indeed originally WMP. Nothing has been altered as the set started life as a 1965 Rogers Buddy Rich Celebrity model.. however! .. most BR Celebrity's came with a 14X22 bass drum as opposed to Buddy's standard 14X24, and this set was no exception. You can see this same set in my avatar pic above.. ( from more than a few years back ) .. with the 14X22, which again is how it came. So... for a while now I've had my eye out for a PROPER ERA Rogers 14X24 bass drum as that is the size I prefer to play, and it's also the size Buddy played. I finally located one!.. ( it took years to find ) .. and that is the drum you see here. Perfect timing too as these drums were first re-wrapped years ago by my good friend Jack Lawton, but that was BEFORE the manufacturer of these wraps.. ( Delmar Products ) .. got a bead on the shrinking.. splitting.. fading problems of WMP, and also before the "Antique White Pearl" was even available. Unfortunately, Jack's superb re-wrap suffered the same fate ALL WMP wrap's suffered... it shrunk, split, seams opened, etc. I took them off the front line last year to await ANOTHER re-wrap, and because I had finally found that proper era elusive 14X24. At the great risk of being long winded.. ahem .. the results are what you see here. Beauty is.. ( outside of the fact that these wont shrink, split, fade, etc. ) .. is that they play/sound GREAT!! I have always gotten compliments on these drums at just about every venue I've played, and ALWAYS from the sound engineers that mix for the house. They are always blown away. Course this is the stuff that we ALL know what with being the vintage drum FREAKS we all are, regardless of personal drum brand allegiance!

It would appear that MANY of you guy's have installed this particular wrap on your drums.. BHarrington.. OldSchool/Gary.. fishwaltz.. so you know first hand how nice and period correct this wrap is for WMP. Cool!

I "think" this performance may have been taped, and if that is in fact the case, I will see if I can get a video up on YouTube so this set can be heard as well. I will look into it!

THANKS again for ALL of your nice comments! :-D

Tommyp

Posted on 13 years ago

TommyP: Up to trades... like a nice Pearl Export! LOL

Love that kit mann!! Cool1 f

Posted on 13 years ago

snaremania!...

Yes!... I'll take that trade sir!... but only if the Pearl Export in question is a Wine Red 5 piece with a COS snare. PM me!!!! :-D ...f...

Tommyp

Posted on 13 years ago

From Tommyp

snaremania!...Yes!... I'll take that trade sir!... but only if the Pearl Export in question is a Wine Red 5 piece with a COS snare. PM me!!!! :-D ...f...Tommyp

LMAO!!!!!!!

Posted on 13 years ago

From Tommyp

Thought I might put up a shot that I grabbed after sound check at the gig last night. These are my 1965 Rogers Buddy Rich Celebrity's, and in WMP of course! I have been gigging these for close to 10 years now, and they never disappoint! Here are the particulars:14X24 (NOS front head w/original Rogers logo)9X1314X14 (personal choice on the use of this size, although I do have the 2nd 16X16 too)16X165X14 wood DynasonicAll correct hardware including the Swiv-O-Matic BD pedalThese drums were re-wrapped in "Antique WMP" as the original WMP was in pretty rough condition after all those years. The "Antique WMP" is a very close match to OEM Rogers WMP with regard to chip/pattern size, so the drums look quite natural/correct despite the re-wrap! Sound is a given... they're Rogers! :-DTommyp

Nice! Really Nice....Cool1

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here