Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

1960 Ludwig Pioneer WMP Snare

One question...

Do I pull the wrap and put on gold sparkle???

The whole reason I picked up the snare was to finally get a matching gold sparkle 6 lugger for my kit. I picked this one up for a song (seriously low) with full intent to pull the wrap and apply the gold sparkle to it. Now that I have it...I'm not so sure.

It's a November 1960 WMP with nickle hardware and is in very good condition...other than the obvious dirt. I can clean it up and it will shine on harvest moon. The wrap is faded yellow but very very tight. The edges and bed are unbelievably sweet. VERY nice snare.

What to do???

Do I pull it and wrap it? Do I clean it and turn a profit? What the heck???

I hate this. I have a plan and something steps in the way. Do you know how many doggone snares I've gone through trying to get a matching gold sparkle for this kit??? PLENTY!!! dang...

Help2

Posted on 14 years ago

You can give it to me and I can find you a gold sparkle! I need a WMP Snare.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 14 years ago

Absolutely. I seriously don't need this snare in WMP. I'm looking for a nice gold sparkle Luddy for my kit. I'm not attached to this snare. If you want it and can trade for a gold sparkle...it's yours.

Here's some pics of the BEFORE snare. I've got it apart and am contemplating my next move.

Posted on 14 years ago

That is a seriously nice snare, don't take off the wrap. I am sure another will come your way.

Posted on 14 years ago

Eh, its only a Pioneer 6-lugger....I say if you want it in gold sparkle then re-wrap it. Its never gonna be worth as much as a super classic or jazz festival.....besides, its yours, do with it as you like.

Posted on 14 years ago

I don't have a gold sparkle snare. But, I do have a 1966 gold sparkle 20 inch bass??

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 14 years ago

I don't think I could get my legs around that thing.

Posted on 14 years ago

"Absolutely" do not re-wrap that gorgeous wmp snare drum it took all these years to become what it is, just sell or trade it, we don't own these old drums we just rent them!!, re-wrap devalues the drum it does not increase it!!! if the drum was a pig that would be one thing, but this is a nice snare, it may only be a 6 lugger but it's a looker!!!!!!! Soap Box

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

man, i definitely wouldn't rewrap that baby. Looks very nice as is. Wouldn't you really rather have a gold jazz fest anyway??

Posted on 14 years ago

At this point, I'd take a Luddy reject with seven freekin' lugs. I'm so bummed about all this. I really want to complete the kit with a Luddy gold sparkle snare and I keep hitting these walls. You'd think by now that I'd just give up and use the Supra. But, I like to have both wood and metal with each kit. I'm anal. BUT I DON'T COLLECT!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here