Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

1960 Ludwig Pioneer WMP Snare

Finished the project.

Filed (with two step files) the holes and ensured a nice tight seam. Earned another blister for my efforts. Cleaned and polished some hardware and popped it on. Because of the chrome hardware on the gold sparkle kit and the nickle hardware on the mutant jazzer, I swapped the hardware on the red sparkle snare and this one. That way, they are correct for the kits. Chose a Starclassic snare for this one. Put on some heads (Evans Classic Clear snare side and a Remo Coated Amb batter). Tensioned it up and adjusted the snares. wow. Sweet snare. Very dynamic and a kick to play. My gold sparkle kit has finally found the matching snare. All in all, a fun project. I like the completeness of it all. Looks 'right' sitting atop the 13 and 16. All is true and harmonious once again.

Posted on 14 years ago

Looks great! I think it was a good choice using the chrome hardware.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks. Yeah, the chrome was a logical move. One kit has nickle hardware and the other has chrome. One snare has nickle hardware and the other chrome. It just made sense to swap the hardware so they matched the kits. Plus, the nickle looks pretty good on the red sparkle snare and the chrome looks great on the gold sparkle. My take, anyways.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here