Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

1960 Ludwig Pioneer WMP Snare

From drumbum3131

I think nickel harware and gold sparkle would look sick though. But, then again I need a WMP snare...hmmmmmm...should I buy it...should I not. How about this. You keep it ho it is and I'll hunt down a nice gold sparkle snare for you for cheap?

Sure. I would take a gold sparkle luddy in trade. Makes me no nevermind. I don't have any attachment to this snare. Make sure the trade snare meets the baseline of a good snare.

Posted on 14 years ago

Well, here we go. I decided to pull the wrap. It was greenish and really kind of sad looking. LD was correct. I thought it was tight. I was wrong. It was only tight right at the seam, and only in two places there. Take a look at the pics and you will see that there was pretty much no glue stuck to the shell beyond the edge. I managed to trim the wrap spot on at the Ludwig Lump and place the new gold sparkle perfectly in place. That was nice. I've got it all taped and glued down. I cleaned up the edges and gave it a nice blend there. Heads sit great. The hardware is in serious need of some cleaning. This thing was in bad shape. The date stamp is very clear. It will be a nice snare when I'm finished.

Posted on 14 years ago

I seem to have seen somewhere someone is looking for a pc to wrap a 6 lug sna....oh, wait, that was me.....

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

Well, here we go. I decided to pull the wrap. It was greenish and really kind of sad looking. LD was correct. I thought it was tight. I was wrong. It was only tight right at the seam, and only in two places there. Take a look at the pics and you will see that there was pretty much no glue stuck to the shell beyond the edge. I managed to trim the wrap spot on at the Ludwig Lump and place the new gold sparkle perfectly in place. That was nice. I've got it all taped and glued down. I cleaned up the edges and gave it a nice blend there. Heads sit great. The hardware is in serious need of some cleaning. This thing was in bad shape. The date stamp is very clear. It will be a nice snare when I'm finished.

You'll be much happier in the long run going this way....why?.....because its the drum you wanted to begin with and like I said, its only a Pioneer, not like its ever going to be worth HUGE money....unless it was owned by someone famous...:D

Posted on 14 years ago

I've got some old wrap. Are you interested? I've got this WMP that came off clean. I've also got some silver sparkle that came off a 20 Luddy club date. It also came off clean. I'm not sure what's up with this, but all of my Luddy wraps have come off very clean. It's kinda strange. Others tell woes of heating them and fighting with 'em. Mine literally pop right off. Odd. Maybe it's 'cause I only pull wraps off of drums that are sad looking. I'm not sure.

Posted on 14 years ago

LD, you are absolutely correct. I've searched and searched for a reasonably priced 6 lugger in gold sparkle ... or one that had sad wrap. I'm glad I did this one. It was a steal and will definitely hold it's value. I could sell it after the rewrap and make money on the deal. It's really a win win situation. What's you call on cleaning the nickle hardware? What do you usually use for that?

Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

What's you call on cleaning the nickle hardware? What do you usually use for that?

Do any of you guys use Maas? I heard of it on the straight razor forums. It's an excellent metal polish, but is safe for many other materials, including celluloid scales (handles) on the older razors. I've been using it as an all-in-one polish for my old drum hardware and the drums themselves.

I'm personally very glad the Pioneer and Acrolite drums are inexpensive- otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford a good snare!

Norm

1964 Slingerland Stage Band in Black Diamond Pearl
Posted on 14 years ago

From mcjnic

LD, you are absolutely correct. I've searched and searched for a reasonably priced 6 lugger in gold sparkle ... or one that had sad wrap. I'm glad I did this one. It was a steal and will definitely hold it's value. I could sell it after the rewrap and make money on the deal. It's really a win win situation. What's you call on cleaning the nickle hardware? What do you usually use for that?

The stuff I used on my Leedy kit was pretty good. Got it at Autozone.....Eagle One Nevr-dull....its a wadding polish. Takes a little bit of rubbing but the nickel shines almost as well as chrome now.....

Posted on 14 years ago

I would be interested in the WMP wrap. Like I said I have some original gold sparkle from 1966 off a ludwig bass drum if you would want it.

Recent Purchases
-1961 SBP Pioneer Snare Drum
-1962 SBP Super Classic w/ Matching COB Supra

Working On
-1963 Red Sparkle Hollywood w/ matching Super Classic Snare

Recently Completed
-1964 WMP Super Classic
Posted on 14 years ago

Cool. Do you want the silver sparkle, too? I can pop these in the post if you spring for the shipper fees. Your call. I would be interested in the gold sparkle if it's complete and sweet. If not........maybe not.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here