Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.66180%

1940 Ludwig & Ludwig Resto

From ElMoonlightDrummer

Hey Fellas...update on this project. I got her delivered and started going to work on the floor tome with a plastic scraper then gave her a quick hand polish. Also gave the hardware a quick clean/polish and I have to admit...these are going to turn out nice!

I'm at a loss for words at how nice those look my man! Very nice job saving that duco!!! Wow!!!

Posted on 8 years ago

Great job on these saving that duco paint. Bass rail mount and tom cradle really make the true vintage vibe!! Tacked tom heads too. Bet they sound great.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 8 years ago

Hola!

Outstanding job on those. Hot damp towels may get the gold off. Very nice save.

Creighton

Nothing special here but I like them.
Posted on 8 years ago

Great job already Aaron. Love those! I think you will end up finding a matching snare eventually.

Mike

Posted on 8 years ago

It's about 20 years newer than the kit, but matches perfectly.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/msg/5419927935.html

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 8 years ago

From ARCHxANGEL

I actually see snares for this period somewhat often. I've come across a few that match my kit. I honestly feel like I recently saw one with your finish. Those drums are coming out beautifully. If the hole on the 11" ever gets bigger, I ( as well as a few others on here ) could take care of that for you.I'm personally jealous of your tom cradle for the 16". I had to make my own version by cutting on of my extra snare stands down. Works fine, but I'd love to find a period correct cradle. If you could, would you mind taking a few photos of just the cradle. Aside catalog photos I've not gotten a good look at one.

Thanks! Here are a few pics of the cradle. It's a pretty simple design and I'm glad to have one. Maybe about 6 months back someone was selling a cradle for about $60 and I almost bought it just to have since they are rare. Guess I didn't need to after all.

3 attachments
- EMD
Posted on 8 years ago

From green glass drum

Could I please see a pic of BD rail arch and the tom mount bracket that fits it please?Do your tom brackets fit on the rail?I have an arch rail that is just a little to fat for my Ludwig and Ludwig brackets to slip over.Looks Great Man.

Yup...they fit and I believe all pieces are original. You can see how the arm that goes under the rail has a little channel for it to fit into.

P.S. I don't know why my pics keep getting turned sideways. In any event...here you go.

2 attachments
- EMD
Posted on 8 years ago

Thanks for the props, Fellas. I'll post updated pics in about a month when I'm done with the bass drum and all its hardware! Ok...hopefully I'll be done sooner than that.

- EMD
Posted on 8 years ago

Aaron - That kit is from the same era as Big Blue! I love it, calf heads give the kit a FAT sound that you can't get any other way. You're going to love playing them.

The kit is coming out great so far, can't wait to see it all done and set up! The repair on the calf head of the 11" is an easy fix, a small calf patch and a little hide-glue should do the trick. Nice score man. Get yer butt to work!

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 8 years ago

From ElMoonlightDrummer

Hey Fellas...update on this project. I got her delivered and started going to work on the floor tom with a plastic scraper, then gave her a quick hand polish. Also gave the hardware a quick clean/polish and I have to admit...these are going to turn out nice!

Excellent work! If you ever want to sell or trade that 16" with cradle let me know. I have a similar kit 1940 Ludwig&Ludwig in Blk/Gold Duco; 26" 13" 14" and matching 6.5x14" SD Enjoy! :)

USA DRUMS FOREVER!
Posted on 8 years ago
Action Another action Something else here