Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

14 12 14 20 psychedelic red question

just out of curiosity , how much are these worth? oct 24 1967. just turned 40 years old * forgot to mention that snare is not original, its a 60s rogers rewraped by jack lawton to match the kit. *

3 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Nifty Kit.

No telling what the obsessed will bay, but

my thought from the single "bow-tie lugs"

is that this was likely a custom order from '71-73

Expect $100 -$325 US.

Personally, I think it's really groovy and likely

sounds great.

"If I had a million dollars..."

Walking

Proudly Endorsing Drums and Cymbals

Posted on 16 years ago

As we all know, 40 is over the hill.

And they likely will keep on "rolling" long after I am gone...

I think Roscoe is a bit low. More like $329.99, but I will offer you a FULL $400 shipped! I mean, I like "old stuff" that is younger than me.

Any more serious bids?

Posted on 16 years ago

A burgundy sparkle club date kit sold for $1400 not too long ago, no snare.

If these are in good shape, I would not be at all surprised to see them get $1500 or more on ebay.

http://www.classicvintagedrums.com
Posted on 16 years ago

The Club Date, as shown in the 1966-67 Catalog.....

[IMG]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL725/3888856/15777285/240271198.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL725/3888856/15777285/240271448.jpg[/IMG]

I'm with mlvibes, around $1,500, depending on overall condition, originality......

LVDC

All Catalog images shown in my posts were generated by me (scanning) and are from my personal files........
Posted on 16 years ago

For that kind of money, U can have it.

This was a Student set, hands down.

Some Things...

Proudly Endorsing Drums and Cymbals

Posted on 16 years ago

I was thinking 1200.-1500. too. The finish is nice! The snare alone if it's a jazz fest would go 300-400 easily. A few years ago I passed on a Psych Red on a 22, 13, 14,16 with matching Jazzfest and a canister throne and cases for 1500.00. It was sitting in John Aldridge's office in Nashville and belonged to the drummer from the Baja Marimba Band. I've always regretted not buying that kit....Matt

Ludwig-Zildjian-Aquarian
Posted on 16 years ago

Hey onemat are you sure that the set was not Mod Orange? Frank DeVito played for the baja band and got a Mod Orange set when they first came out. You definately should have jumped on those!!

I think this club date set is worth around $1500.00. It's hard to tell if that snare is a real deal psych red wrap or not. If it is a six lugger that snare could go for $1000.00 plus alone. If it is a jazzfest than it could easily bring in upwards of $1500.00-2000.00 on e-bay. The right drums can bring mucho dinero.

*after looking more closely at the pics, that snare does not even look like a Ludwig to me. The lugs do not seem right.*

"wfl does not stand for world football league!"
Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

Hey onemat are you sure that the set was not Mod Orange? Frank DeVito played for the baja band and got a Mod Orange set when they first came out. You definately should have jumped on those!!I think this club date set is worth around $1500.00. It's hard to tell if that snare is a real deal psych red wrap or not. If it is a six lugger that snare could go for $1000.00 plus alone. If it is a jazzfest than it could easily bring in upwards of $1500.00-2000.00 on e-bay. The right drums can bring mucho dinero.*after looking more closely at the pics, that snare does not even look like a Ludwig to me. The lugs do not seem right.*

Good catch, wflkurt. The lugs on the snare do not have a central indentation the way a bowtie lug should have...but the wrap looks similar. Re-wrapped kit with Asian-made 6-lug snare drum, perhaps?

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

The snare istnt original, i for got to mention. its a 60s rogers, according to jack lawton. he did do a great job on the rewrap though.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here