Vintage Drum Forum the best vintage drum forum on the Internet - Vintage Drum History - Vintage Drum Questions

Go Back   Vintage Drum Forum > For Sale

Old 10-13-2009, 11:35 PM

Default Re: Vintage Slingerland white marine pearl

This is the only one of the mount tom that I can get on here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4749.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	9764  
Old 10-13-2009, 11:37 PM

This is of the floor tom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4748.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	9765  
Old 10-13-2009, 11:58 PM

One last thing I was gladly reminded by jonnistix that there is a crack in the wrap on the bass. It's about 2 1/2'' long and about a centimeter wide (that's at most). It's on the top close to the batter head side along the rim.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:22 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

I'd love for one of these fine guys to get a great deal. But I think that set is worth some green. I'd wait a little while and learn about it before you sell it.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:29 AM

Well the thing is I have a great set right now (it's a C&C.) It's just not really economical for me to have two sets (I'm a college student.) With that said I'm not in a super big rush to sell them though. I would love to learn more from you guys about it.
Old 10-14-2009, 01:27 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Yeah, with those sizes, and the non-yellowed-ness(?) of the wrap, it's a pretty desirable kit...

I don't know exactly how much it would be worth, but if I saw it on craigslist for $600, I'd run to the phone...
Old 10-14-2009, 06:36 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjnic View Post
We are also a very ethical bunch...except for those two guys that just won't leave. But, other than them, we really are a good group of goonies.
Just thought I'd let you know, I was joking here. You are new and I didn't want you to get the wrong idea. We are all ethical. Just having some fun.

Old 10-14-2009, 06:55 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddywumpus View Post
Yeah, with those sizes, and the non-yellowed-ness(?) of the wrap, it's a pretty desirable kit...

I don't know exactly how much it would be worth, but if I saw it on craigslist for $600, I'd run to the phone...
I wouldn't. The wrap isn't faded because this is an import kit from the early 90's. It's a maple outer and inner with a mahogany core. Note the small chip used in the WMP. It's the typical blotchy look of the modern WMP. Also, note the bass mount. That was used only for the Spirit and Artist Custom line. This is an Artist Custom kit. Lastly, check out the badge on the floor. It's the "USA" badge. The wood is from the US, shipped to Taiwan for assembly. The completed drum is shipped back to the US for sale. All in all, the kit will sound pretty good. But, it's not a vintage Slingerland by any stretch of the imagination. Value - not much.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjnic View Post
I wouldn't. The wrap isn't faded because this is an import kit from the early 90's. It's a maple outer and inner with a mahogany core. Note the small chip used in the WMP. It's the typical blotchy look of the modern WMP. Also, note the bass mount. That was used only for the Spirit and Artist Custom line. This is an Artist Custom kit. Lastly, check out the badge on the floor. It's the "USA" badge. The wood is from the US, shipped to Taiwan for assembly. The completed drum is shipped back to the US for sale. All in all, the kit will sound pretty good. But, it's not a vintage Slingerland by any stretch of the imagination. Value - not much.
I'm pretty sure he's joking again here folks! LOL!
Old 10-14-2009, 07:15 AM
Vintage Drum Guru

No. This one's for real. It really is an import kit. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it really is. Look closely at it. The pics are large enough to see these details. I hate dumping bad news on anyone. I would prefer to smile and share the joy of a discovery. But, this one just doesn't allow that. It's a descent kit. It will sound pretty good. But, it's an early 90's import Slingy. They just don't demand much money. They were made in Taiwan and that is a mark against them. They really are pretty good drums. I've owned a snare identical to that one. Same wrap. I ebay'd it a couple of years ago. Nice snare. Very sensitive. Personally, I would keep the kit as my gigging kit and enjoy it. It would do a great job.