Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.26305%

Wrap your snare for 2 bucks

Excellent idea! Does he glue it completely to the shell, or just the overlap at the ends?

Posted on 10 years ago

here ya go guys from the man himself, and guess what no glue!!!

Gary

None. Masking tape at the base to.hold it to the shell and blue painters tape to hold the wrap snug into the shell. Then pierce lug hole from inside with a piece of carpet on opposite site. No glue... lugs hold wrap in place. Make sure th wrao seam is under lug too. Super easy!

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 10 years ago

All I can say is WOW.

Now I know I'm not crazy! This past year, when my sons and I were residing my house, we got an aluminum break (brake?) to cut and bend the aluminum fascia/trim material, which of course comes in large rolls and usually in several different colors and textures. I've already used the break for cutting regular wrap (which works great, BTW), but was thinking all along that I ought to try to wrap a set with this stuff. It is much cheaper than wrap!

Now that I see someone doing this with flashing material (which is basically the same stuff on the COW drums), I don't know why the aluminum "wrap" wouldn't work as well!!

I would be tempted to use the double-faced tape on the seems, however...

Thanks!

Bill

Bill
Cherryvale, Ks
"Redrums - Ks" on FB and Reverb
(also "billnvick" on eBay)
Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here