Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Wow, a 1950s MIJ maker you didn't know

Here is a 1950s era MURAI YAMA brand 20x16, 14x14,12x8 - 14x5 snare and canister throne in flat black finish. Turns out that MuraiYama, Negi drums, and Gracy drum company (along with Pearl ofcourse) were all making drums in the 1950s. MuraiYama drums are quite rare and go for a good chunk of change. This one began auction tonight. I`ll do my best to pick this one up. Here are pics-

[IMG]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn87/Osakabop/ynoda816-img600x450-1275655420hl9d2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn87/Osakabop/ynoda816-img600x450-1275655420iuvg9.jpg[/IMG]

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

Dang...them's a Japanese Ludwig for sure! Nice looking stuff. Hope you get them. Can you see them IRL? Put a stick on them first? I'd love to know how they sound. They look like they are top notch equipment!

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

I have seen a few mij kits with lugs that looked ludwiggy but that takes the cake,cool looking badge too.Bop are you trying to corner the mij market and establish world domination?

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks for that OsakaBop.

Reclusively the shape of the badges themselves make them worthy!

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 14 years ago

Any specs on the shells?..would love to know the layup...great drums!!

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

I`ll request he take a shell interior shot and have him post it. Looks like this one is gonna go pretty high -- gulp...

I just love these old MIJs - they`re as cool as fancy goldfish and Volkswagon buses. It`s still got 6 days to go and is already around 40,000yen (430$)

I `ll try to get more info. There was a MuraiYama snare on auction a few months ago that sold for about 200$.

*Amedia Cymbals Japan

Posted on 14 years ago

That has my vote for the absolute COOLEST badge of any drum maker I've ever seen. Man, that is so fine.

Posted on 14 years ago

Hey E.That's the coolest looking M.I.J. set's i have seen..ia'm going to bid on this oneLaughing HLaughing H--ia'm just joking around but i do hope that you win this set and post more photo's of it ...Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Yea, maybe too cool- the price is going up,up,up..........Sumo Dude

Cross fingers!

*Amedia Cymbals Japan

Posted on 14 years ago

Looks cool. Definitely a Luddy copy.

That's also an interesting BD cymbal mount. Never seen anything like it. Looks like it'd be difficult to use, but different nonetheless. Kind of makes me think of the height adjustable rail mount on my early 70's Yamaha kit. Unique. Yamaha was definitely ripping off Gretsch when they designed my kit, but the American companies never seemed to come up with something as user-friendly as the rail mount on my kit. It's great.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here