Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Which would you pick??

So you walk into a room and it has 4 sets of vintage drums in pristine condition....and you get to take one home with you....

Do you take the set of Ludwig, Gretsch, Slingerland or Rogers??

Just wondering what your favorite is.

I'll take the Ludwig's please....

Posted on 14 years ago

No you won't get the Ludwigs... They will already be in my truck! Excited

fishwaltz
Posted on 14 years ago

Gee that's a tough one, I would probably go for the Gretsch. Though if resale value and collectabilty and all that jazz were not a factor and it all came down to the sound, I would probably lean toward the Slingy. I don't know though, that's like asking you to pick your favorite kid, I would want to take all 4 home with me.

Posted on 14 years ago

I have had three of the four listed.....but you can only choose one. Lets kick it up a notch.....tell us why you made your particular choice.

Posted on 14 years ago

From rms25thta

I have had three of the four listed.....but you can only choose one. Lets kick it up a notch.....tell us why you made your particular choice.

Ok, well in that case I'll take the Slingys. I find Slingerland to be the warmest sounding of the 4 with an incredible woody tone. I'm a huge fan of the cob sticksaver rims, lightweight but with the strength of diecast, and the feel of the rimshot is unlike anything else. The hardware looks sharp, nothing fancy, just really clean looking. In my opinion, nothing beats the sound of a single ply snare, and I'm assuming this pristine kit I get to take home comes with a matching 1ply RK. So anyways, those are a few of the reasons I would pick the Slingys. This is only based on the assumption that this set is a keeper and value/rarity are thrown out the door.

Posted on 14 years ago

The 4 sets can be whatever you want to imagine....

Posted on 14 years ago

Can we ask if there's a Camco kit in the back room?

Posted on 14 years ago

StallWard......just for you....yes.

Posted on 14 years ago

I'll get to those Camco's first!!!!Walking:D

Posted on 14 years ago

For me it'd have to be the Slingerlands.I want to play them not sell or just look at them.For me there is a draw to Slingerland drums.These are of course early production sets of drums.Nice and warm three ply,I'm in.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here