Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

What re-wrap do you suggest??

I have this hi tom and floor tom...

[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3425/3260924725_4ca7082b2c.jpg[/IMG]

The seams on them are lifting. What do you suggest for a another wrap? I'd like to do common yet sexy sparkle but something that is close to what they should be but still something hot like say maybe a ludwig standard strata wrap DOH

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Is the bass drum not matching ? Beware, the NE White Rogers Big R wrap was not pvc/vinyl/plastic...it was plastic laminate (like formica, but a tad thinner). It's a bit of a b#tch to remove (wear eye protection, the stuff cracks and splinters, goes flying everywhere).

If you go the rewrap route, I strongly suggest you go with a color/style of wrap which the mfr. offered on that period of drums. I do NOT suggest going with a Ludwig sorta wrap on a Rogers kit. It may seem cool at first, but then will come the day of "oh, man...why did I choose THAT " ?

There is some site where I pulled off these old catalog swatches, this one is a 1970 catalog, while the Big R era was post '75, I think. But this is the sorta stuff you should investigate. Rogers offered some cool wraps, I would imagine you can find something pretty wild from the Big R era....[/COLOR]

1 attachments
www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

From Jaye

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Is the bass drum not matching ? Beware, the NE White Rogers Big R wrap was not pvc/vinyl/plastic...it was plastic laminate (like formica, but a tad thinner). It's a bit of a b#tch to remove (wear eye protection, the stuff cracks and splinters, goes flying everywhere).If you go the rewrap route, I strongly suggest you go with a color/style of wrap which the mfr. offered on that period of drums. I do NOT suggest going with a Ludwig sorta wrap on a Rogers kit. It may seem cool at first, but then will come the day of "oh, man...why did I choose THAT " ?There is some site where I pulled off these old catalog swatches, this one is a 1970 catalog, while the Big R era was post '75, I think. But this is the sorta stuff you should investigate. Rogers offered some cool wraps, I would imagine you can find something pretty wild from the Big R era....[/COLOR]

Thanks so much! So are those toms from the same year as the tobacco burst Londoner 5 XP8 that I have or diff?

Posted on 15 years ago

Oh yeah! The bass drum is not matching Hurting

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Do the white drums have grey interiors, or do their interiors look like the XP8 interiors ?

XP-8's were the LAST shells Rogers ever used, and the grey interior thin-ply shells pre-date the XP-8's.

But they both had the Big R badges on 'em....

[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

Those drums have the grey interiors.

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Then they are earlier than the XP-8's...[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago

I'm looking at re-wrapping a similar kit, is it easier just to wrap over it rather than removing the original wrap?

Ba-Dum..CRASH!

1966 Slingerland "Modern Jazz Outfit"
1960's Zildjian Avedis Cymbals

www.myspace.com/oliverandtheattackofthelovely
Posted on 15 years ago

You must remove the old wrap, first. And, often it's a real messy job! If you wrap over a wrap, the thickness of the shell increases and heads don't fit over it anymore.Mister T

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

K, thanks man! Appreciate it.

Ba-Dum..CRASH!

1966 Slingerland "Modern Jazz Outfit"
1960's Zildjian Avedis Cymbals

www.myspace.com/oliverandtheattackofthelovely
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here