Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

What might these be worth?

I may be 'forced' to part with these and need to know what a fair price might be. Thanks!

Posted on 15 years ago

212.63...flat. Which is exactly what I happen to have in my pocket right now. What are the odds? Are ya game? It's gotta be fate. Listen to the winds whispering in your ear...

Posted on 15 years ago

Must be a miracle :)

Posted on 15 years ago

I wouldn't know about a fair price, but I sure hope you don't have to part with them.... they are beautiful.......

Kevin
Posted on 15 years ago

From William Breckenridge

I may be 'forced' to part with these and need to know what a fair price might be. Thanks!http://slings.homestead.com/index.html

Well, like everyone else, I think you're CRAZY to get rid of them!!

But I understand the hard economic times that are upon us right now, so, I think that you should ALSO realize that the market IS soft, and it may not afford you what they are worth.

I'm not a Slingy guy, so I won't dare give you a price quote, but there will be others here that ARE Slingy lovers and have a better understanding of their worth.

I'll tell you this, if they were Ludwig in that wrap, you'd get a small fortune, but unfortunately, Slingy's get a bit less at the marketplace.

Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are always welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperSpace
Posted on 15 years ago

WOOW!!!! thats a nice set.I had set that i sold for 3,500.00 but mine had the stands[snare,h.h.,one cymbal floor stand,and one on the bass,and the bass pedal]..That was about 2 years ago..Also by the looks of the photo your snare looks like it maybe a one ply maple shell,[the set i had the snare was a three ply shell]...If thats right the snare should sell for today 1,500.00 to 2,000.oo[if you fine the right buyer] Then i would say you could get for the bass and toms 2,000.00 so total i would say today 3,500.00--to 4,000.00...But who knows with the right buyer maybe more...mike

Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks.

But one question.

How do you tell if the RK is a solid shell or 3-ply?

Posted on 15 years ago

That looks like Maple so it is most probably a solid shell... if it was mahogany interior that would indicate 3-ply.

I think....

In Rob Cook's, "The Slingerland Book" in the section called "The Slingerland Shell Story"... sub-section "Radio King Shells", 1930's-1950's he indicates,"Plied snare drums have an outer ply of maple, a thick ply of poplar, and a third (very thin) inner ply of mahogany".

Experts.???

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

those are beautiful, that finish is real nice ,i've never seen it before.

keep them!

Posted on 15 years ago

Well if this set goes for $7,000 .... "dump" your's for a $6500 BIN and roll around in that money.

I just can't imagine this will sell for that money.... I would think even half that money might be a reach... but who knows, like yours, they are beautiful drums.

2 attachments
Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here