Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Walopus Drum Wraps

Hi there - I am thinking of re-wrapping my ‘71 Ludwig MPM Kit - I’m from South Africa and I am completely reliant on online purchases. I have had a look at a few different options but keep coming back to Walopus wraps. I find their site to be user-friendly, the videos very helpful and, most of all, the products appear to be good quality and easy to use. Does anybody have any experience with their products and/or can make some recommendations. Thanks guys, cheers ..... Erik

Btw I’m thinking of this awesome wrap:

Drums: Ludwig / Star / Tama / Yamaha
Snares: Arai /Mapex / Ludwig / Slingerland / Star / Tama
Cymbals: Meinl / Paiste / Tosco / Wuhan /Zildjian / Zyn
Posted on 5 years ago

Reviews across various drum forums are decidedly mixed.

12/14/20 Mahogany INDe Bop Cocktail Hybrid

Late 50s Black Nitron 3 Ply Gretsch 13/16/20 w/ Max Roach Snare
Posted on 5 years ago

He is a member here...

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 5 years ago

I have wrapped many a drum and his wraps are easy to use. Never had a problem with his products and recommend them. He also does custom wraps if you have a certain picture or deaign

No Guru - I just love collecting & learning about vintage drums!

Some of my favorites from the kits in the collection
58 WFL New Yorker Blue Sparkle
67 Ludwig Hollywood Red Psychedelic
69 Ludwig Standard Red Ruby Strata
70's Ludwig BOP "Ringo" Kit

A few of my favorite snares
20's Leedy Black Elite
51 Leedy & Ludwig Knob Tension
58 WFL Buddy Rich Classic Blue Sparkle
63 Walberg & Auge Sea Blue Agave Green Pearl
66 Leedy Shelly Manne Blue Agate Pearl
Posted on 5 years ago

I have used Walopus wrap and and they make a very good product. The wrap is easier to work with than most traditional drum wraps. Magnus is great to work with and I would venture to say that you won't find better customer service from any other wrap company.

Posted on 5 years ago

Super durable as well. Thicker than other wraps I have used. Does a pretty good black oyster as well.

Posted on 5 years ago

I recently ordered a sample, but received this message

"Unfortunately, the dye used in the Rich Green Sparkle has been unobtainable for the last few months. We don't know when or if ever it will be available again."

I requested a refund on February 28th and received the refund Today.

A little disappointed because I have re-wrapped a several kits and was looking for something local.

Posted on 5 years ago

For a top notch drum kit you should go with a top notch wrap: Delmar.

I believe Precision is the place to get Delmar wrap.

Posted on 5 years ago

Buyer beware. The Mardi Gras wrap they sell is severely misrepresented. It is a flat digital print, and not at all similar to the old Rogers wrap (although they claim it is on their website). In fact some of the confetti edges are bitmapped. I found this out the hard way by spending $46 for a 6x14 sheet. And the company won't admit the misrepresentation and won't refund my money.

Posted on 5 years ago

Yessr! Regarding the MG I started to post this exact sentiment.

In short, I was about to buy a Rogers Holiday in Mardi Gras wrap kit recently and wanted to see what an actual walopus MG wrap looked like.

I have posts in the “Vintage Drums” category under an existing thread called “Rogers Holiday” that might be a field case example of this wrap encounter in which I describe to best of my abilities and provide photos.

If in fact those that I saw were walopus rewrapped, I’m not knocking the wrap, it is killer, but a very noticeable difference - just don’t think those images provided on Facebook and website are postured for fair discernment.

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here