Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Vintage Olympic Mahogany Duroplastic Complete Drum Kit 1970's

Hi Everyone at VDF. Ive just bought an Olympic mahogany duroplastic 20x14..13x9..16x16 plus all hardware and complete set of premier flush base 1960's stands. Plus zyn and ajax cymbals. Also premier drum cases sticks brushes. Ill be putting my 5.5x14 premier royal ace mahogany duroplastic snare drum with the kit. The kit needs a few bits and pieces but i have all the parts from previous olympic kits and left overs. Ive only just done the deal so no pics yet. It cost under £80 for the lot. Once i pick the kit up on tuesday ill post pics. This is the first time ive had an olympic in this finish. The last kit was a complete ringo kit which sold for a silly amount of money. In fact you can goto www.drumarchive.com under premier 1977 and you will see the exact kit in this finish. This one has one top tom.

Posted on 7 years ago

Its another great find and the best part is the fact the drums are on my door step. The last kit the haymans i had to travel to bonnie scotland (Edinburgh). That is one hell of a journey, but was worth it. Been a great easter.

Posted on 7 years ago

Congrats!! You have been acquiring some very nice drums lately!! I`m enjoying your threads...

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 7 years ago

Hi Grantro.....The drums recently although not the most expensive out there have been very interesting. The hayman still doing some work on it after easter break plus the olympic kit. The mahogany duroplastic which was made famous by Ringo is a stunnig wrap. I know this aint ringo kit but as a kit in its own right will look great. Im sure a collector would want it once refurbed. Im looking forward to sending the pics to the VDF forum as i know even though Ludwig are the big talking point i think Premier/Olympic are just as exciting. Thanks for your message i appreciate the VDF members input plus people like yourself who are the Gurus much appreciated...Thanks....sean

Posted on 7 years ago

Hi All just bought this on the bay today. Cost £40 delivered, needs new heads and a clean. Plus if you notice another drummer has put the wires upside down. Well that will be corrected plus every screw nut bolt what ever will be gleaming. Im gonna put this with the olympic kit as this is the snare drum that should go with the kit. The royal ace is gonna be sold seperate. The sound of these olympic snares is really a great sound. The COS shell give a great bang for the buck. This drum will be delivered for weekend. I pick the rest of kit up tomoz tuesday so wont be long before a kit in average condition gets returned to the drum community as a collectors kit or as good as....

Posted on 7 years ago

Just picked the kit up here are some pics of just the 20x14..16x16 and 13x9. Need good clean plus ive got all the lugs T rods tension rods etc etc for a complete olympic kit. I stored in a box and new one day they will come in handy. There are only a couple lugs that need changing. Ill make sure all the best parts go on this kit. Let the renovation begin. The hardware i didnt picture as i just did drums quick ill get some pics later.

Posted on 7 years ago

Here are some more guys. Dont you just love pics. Let battle commence. Will be stripped down like a rabbit tonight. When i go to local Tesco store and buy lots of white vinegar as its so cheap, the assistant says are you pickling I say no love gonna be cleaning me nuts hahahaha. Im called the nut cleaner. As you all know washers nuts tension rods anything steel chuck em in white vinegar. Do not put lugs if cast as it eats em alive and weakens them, trust me ive done it. Ill keep you all updated on this one.

Posted on 7 years ago

Just gorgeous. Those interiors look like new. DROOL. You know I'd be all over these if I could. Just too much dough going out just now.

I always say (from now on), gotta get your nuts clean. Can't wait to see progress, I know it's gonna be just great!

-Doug

late 60s Ludwig Standard kit (blue strata)
late 60s Star kit (red satin)
Tama Rockstar Custom
a few snares ...
Posted on 7 years ago

All the hardware nuts bolts screws rods etc etc are ready. Bass drum hoops being sorted by a mate of mine. Pics of progress coming later. Looks already like a completely different kit.

Posted on 7 years ago

Soon be time to unveil this kit. Its looking great with all missing hardware replaced. Shells have been cleaned to a high standard. It will be a great collectable kit for someone. Not often you see the mahogany duroplastic with olympic badges. You mainly see the premier version which is also getting very rare these days.The Band

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here