Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Uncle and color suggestions

I think I'm done buying drums for a while. I've just about completed three kits and five snares. I have finally started my last restoration kit. It's a goofy little jazzer that I'm putting together. I need suggestions on the color of the bass.

I have a gold sparkle 12 inch tom, a red sparkle snare, a teal blue sparkle 14 inch floor. What color sparkle should the 20 inch bass drum be wrapped in? I'm not a fan of green, silver, or gray/black. Any ideas? This is a serious request for suggestions. Call it.

Posted on 15 years ago

red sparkle

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Tangerine sparkle...

Posted on 15 years ago

I think Jammin Sam will send a sparkle sample pack if you request one... maybe get that and do some side by sides to see how they feel.

OR... maybe you should match the bass drum to which ever one of the other drums you most likely will never replace on the little kit. Then you might, down the road, end up with a matching kit if you replace a couple drums.

Sounds like a fun project .. I was thinking about starting a bag O'Jelly Beans sparkle kit around a red bass drum I have.

Maybe stack up those drums and give a us PIC to check out.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

The floor tom is on the way. I can put some pics up here and give you an idea. These are the three wrapped drums I have. What color wrap would bring balance to these three? That's what I can't figure out. I need something strong, vibrant, and blending. That's a tall order.

Jim has a good idea to match the drum I would never replace. Logic would dictate that to be the toughest to get - the 14 inch floor tom. That's a Standard I just won. It's the faded blue mist. There's a wrap that'll be easy to match - not. That's why I decided to not even try. This is for a goofy little fun kit. I need to keep the investment to a minimum. It's not for resale or collecting or any such nonsense. It's just 'cause I wanted a small jazzer to play. With that, I will be gigging with it. So, I need it to be attractive. I will not replace the hardware on the 14 to match. The bass is a club date, the wing tom is a small classic lug, the floor is a standard - kinda cool. Three different Ludwig drums, three distinctive Ludwig hardware layouts. They are all late 60's-early 70's drums so they should blend sonically.

Posted on 15 years ago

From mcjnic

The floor tom is on the way. I can put some pics up here and give you an idea. These are the three wrapped drums I have. What color wrap would bring balance to these three? That's what I can't figure out. I need something strong, vibrant, and blending. That's a tall order.Jim has a good idea to match the drum I would never replace. Logic would dictate that to be the toughest to get - the 14 inch floor tom. That's a Standard I just won. It's the faded blue mist. There's a wrap that'll be easy to match - not. That's why I decided to not even try. This is for a goofy little fun kit. I need to keep the investment to a minimum. It's not for resale or collecting or any such nonsense. It's just 'cause I wanted a small jazzer to play. With that, I will be gigging with it. So, I need it to be attractive. I will not replace the hardware on the 14 to match. The bass is a club date, the wing tom is a small classic lug, the floor is a standard - kinda cool. Three different Ludwig drums, three distinctive Ludwig hardware layouts. They are all late 60's-early 70's drums so they should blend sonically.

Seeing as you have an array of vibrant COLORS, I'd say the logical choice would be Green Sparkle even though you have stated your dislike for the color.

All the colors of the kit presently are not even close to each other, green would keep with that theme. Silver and black and such are very subdued colors, the ones you already have are very vibrant. Keep it like that and it'll turn heads.

Things to share
Thanks are implied
You are always welcome
Listen To BONHAM here!!
ViperSpace
Posted on 15 years ago

I'm with vipercussionist

....lovin' that vintage sound
Posted on 15 years ago

Purple sparkle.....

Posted on 15 years ago

Another vote for green.

Having a look at the color wheel, it has the primary and secondary colors which you already have. Except one. x-mas3!

"What color wrap would bring balance to these three?"

"It's not easy being green"? I think the situation demands it!

Fun project!

Max

Posted on 15 years ago

I like green or purple.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here