Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

"howdy soaks - i mean folks" :D

3 posts in a day! feel like i'm pestering you all!

i'm after tips on tuning.

i've never been the best it, but managed up til now!

i like a big sound/tone to my drums. i've tried the bottom head tighter than the top head(not bad in the studio), but live it aint so good, (in my opinion). i like my drums to be heard, which they usually are, but have been struggling latly with getting a decent sound.

is it time for a change of head company?

i use remo pinstripes, with a coated remo on the snare, which i like, but has anyone some suggestions on other makes?

cheerz

Help2

Drums are loud....So play them LOUD!!!
Posted on 14 years ago

What musical style are you playing and what size drums are we speaking of??? with that said, remo white coated or smooth white ambassadors or emperors on top of all your toms, clear ambassador or emperors on the bottom, or evans the same in g1 or g2 heads, for the bass drum a remo powerstroke 3 batter head and a remo ambassador or emperor smoothe whit or coated, or evans and emad batter head and front head a g1 or g2! ambassador are single ply and emperor are 2 ply evan g1's are single ply and g2's are double ply!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

evans ec2s (clear) on the snare and toms, g1s on the resonants, ludwig clear extra thin snare side on the snare, and aquarian superkick 1 pre pack on the bass Mind Blowi!

Posted on 14 years ago

+1 on the coated emperors or ambassadors. Pinstripes were cool back in the 80's but these days they sound dated to me. If you're playing vintage drums you may want to try some vintage style heads...

Posted on 14 years ago

hey, thanx for all your tips, and vintage, i play loud rock. mostly. our sound is pretty much black label society.

but our influences are from all over. queen, pantera, abba, blackfoot, but, i like the nice big fat tom sound ( roger taylor circa '77 - '80, nice!)

Posted on 14 years ago

Cool, good stuff, go with the remos I suggested, and a powerstroke 3 on the back head on your bass drum, this will get the exact sound your wanting! let us know what you think!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

You want more tone, which is generally a trait of single-ply heads. But playing "loud rock" makes me think you'd want something a little more durable.

I'm thinking Evans G Plus for your tom batters. It's a thick single-ply head.

Posted on 14 years ago

thanx guys. much appreciated.

any tips on the actual tuning of the skins??

like i've said, i can get the sound i'm after, but i.m not too much of an expert. :o

Posted on 14 years ago

From drowse49

thanx guys. much appreciated.any tips on the actual tuning of the skins??like i've said, i can get the sound i'm after, but i.m not too much of an expert. :o

give me the sizes your using!

Posted on 14 years ago

my current set up is:-

22" bass drum

12&13" rack toms

16" floor tom

14x6.5" pearl world series snare(which i could do with some info on, coz i can't find any. none for sale on ebay or anything!?!)

all the toms are pearl export.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here