Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Trixon Drums

I'm new to this forum, I joined because I wanted to show off my coronet, kent and silvertone kits lol, which I still will when I can pry myself away from all your kits long enough to take pictures of my own.

This post is for another reason. Recently there was a set of trixon drums on ebay with an eggshell bass drum that apparently sold for $10,000.00 USD. I was searching around here in Canada for vintage drums, just to see what was on the market. This is what I came up with :

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-musical-instruments-drums-percussion-1965-Trixon-Speedfire-drums-W0QQAdIdZ290176056

What is going on here??

Posted on 13 years ago

I should have added my own thoughts. Is this a scam, or do people buy drums to sell them for less now? I know some of you will remember the ebay auction, for those of you who don't :

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&_trksid=p4340.l2565&item=130525859978

Posted on 13 years ago

Who knows? Have you made contact with this gent selling the kit? Have you made contact with the original seller? That would be the place to start, I would think.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

I have seen Trixon drums sell for a decent amount of money before, but never anything like this. They are really cool drums, but wow. I just really want to know if this person is being serious in asking price. I don't want to send a message and offend them in any way if it is.

Posted on 13 years ago

Right. I agree. But how would we know? If you want an accurate answer, you might want to go to the source. All you'll get from us is speculation and the occasional venom from the bloke who has had a bad day. Unless we know the gents involved, there's no way we could know if either are scammers.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago

Looks fishy to me..Check the bids on the Ebay listing last 6 from winning bider..Winning bidder had 10 bid's out of 24 total....Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

agreed..need to be very careful on this one..same description and definatley the same drum..

would be very interested to see the sellers id as i bet my bottom dollar its the same as the original sellers!!

apart from that what a lovely kit !!:eek:

45/48 Slingerland WMP
51 Luxus WMP
56 Speedfire BDP
56 Speedfire WMP
59 Speedfire Aqua
59 Speedfire Red Sparkle
59 Deri Dixi Red Perloid
59 Luxus BDP
60 Luxus Black Silver
61 Luxus WMP
62 Telstar Blue Stripe
62 Telstar Red Croc
62 Telstar Gold Croc
62 Telstar Blue Croc
63 Luxus Gold Croc
64 Speedfire Blue Sparkle
64 Luxus Black/Gold Spots
65 Speedfire Gold Croc
66 Luxus Blue Croc
66 Vox Thunderbolt Silver Croc
67 Vox Telstar Blue Croc
67 Vox Telstar Red Sparkle
Posted on 13 years ago

The seller on the eBay auction never received any feedback on the sale of the Trixon outfit.

I emailed him with some questions for his buyer if he can get in touch with him... if a buyer exists.

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

Here's the reply from the eBay seller of the Trixon outfit regarding the kijiji ad.

[COLOR="Magenta"]"I assure you it is a scam as I still have the drums here pending payment from the buyer, who is working with me regarding the shipping of one-of-a-kind drum set. I wish I could bust the scammer but I don't have the time to mess with scum like that."

[/COLOR]

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

Thank you Kevins. It's amazing how simple these things can be handled when we just go to the source, isn't it. Now, we need not speculate and cast stones. Instead, we can pack up and take a road trip and smack the do-bader upside the head for trying to take advantage of us simple drummin' folk. Good stuff.

What Would You Do
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here