Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

This is the Display Your Rewrapped Vintage Drums Thread

Hey all,

Let`s see those rewrapped vintage drums!!

Cheers

1976 Ludwig Mach 4 Thermogloss 26-18-14-14sn
1978 Ludwig Stainless 22-22-18-16-14-13-12 c/w 6-8-10-12-13-14-15-16-18-20-22-24 concert toms
1975 Sonor Phonic Centennials Metallic Pewter 22-16-13-12-14sn (D506)
1971 Ludwig Classic Bowling Ball OBP 22-16-14-13
1960's Stewart Peacock Pearl 20-16-12-14sn
1980`s Ludwig Coliseum Piano Black 8x14 snare
1973 Rogers Superten 5x14 & 6.5x14 COS snares
1970`s John Grey Capri Aquamarine Sparkle 5x14 snare
1941 Ludwig & Ludwig Super 8x14 snare
Posted on 3 years ago

Start with this one then.

Midnight ebay snag. Totally trashed, then restored, then shipped to new owner. 12-14-18. Dyna was another project - and still available.

Posted on 3 years ago

I bought these Ludwig rockers which had been newly re-wrapped

but never re-assembled by my seller's ex-bandmate

he gave me the shells as you see them and a box of hardware

I put the drum shells in my shop

but left the box of hardware in the car

A short while later the car was stolen along with my box of rocker parts

eight months later the car was recovered partially stripped and heavily vandalized

But the Rocker parts were right there in the back seat where I had left them

I decided at least for the time being,not to punch through the wrap to re-install the diamond mount ..

Later I found a snare drum re-done with the identical wrap but it is a Pearl made drum

Posted on 3 years ago

The pictured drum started life as a mid-80's Ludwig L-600, which was wrapped in chromed metal that had seen better days! Incredibly tough to remove, but I prevailed! It's now wrapped in Bum Wrap's Psychedelic Red "More Blue" and really looks great. This is a "display only" drum!

-Mark

Posted on 3 years ago

60s Orphans made into a Mod Orange "Downbeat +1" and an 8x12 and 14x14 redone in Burgundy Sparkle to match an original 20" bass drum.

2 attachments
Posted on 3 years ago

From K.O.

60s Orphans made into a Mod Orange "Downbeat +1" and an 8x12 and 14x14 redone in Burgundy Sparkle to match an original 20" bass drum.

Very nice, Kevin!

Is the Mod Orange from Bum Wrap or Jammin' Sam?

-Mark

Posted on 3 years ago

These drums showed up one by one. The 14x18 bass, then (amazingly) a very short time later the FT and then the tom. I didn't keep photos of the original drums (or at least I can't find them). All early Cleveland beavertail drums. The FT had already been redone once, but poorly. The bass had a big crack in the wrap from bottom to top - must have been caught in a Wisconsin winter. Tom had partially faded and no longer knew if it was silver or gold sparkle. Altogether it provided someone a very nice user's kit that would look good with a raised glass of champagne.

1 attachments
Posted on 3 years ago

I have done many over the years. Here are a few nice ones.

Keep fixing them up...
Posted on 3 years ago

Have salvaged a few snares that needed a new life and the wrap was too far gone. Most were for gifts for friends. Have a kit in line to work on. Love bringing them back to life

No Guru - I just love collecting & learning about vintage drums!

Some of my favorites from the kits in the collection
58 WFL New Yorker Blue Sparkle
67 Ludwig Hollywood Red Psychedelic
69 Ludwig Standard Red Ruby Strata
70's Ludwig BOP "Ringo" Kit

A few of my favorite snares
20's Leedy Black Elite
51 Leedy & Ludwig Knob Tension
58 WFL Buddy Rich Classic Blue Sparkle
63 Walberg & Auge Sea Blue Agave Green Pearl
66 Leedy Shelly Manne Blue Agate Pearl
Posted on 3 years ago

I have rehabbed and re-wrapped a few drum sets over the past several years. Here are a few of them. I made a drum set out of orphan Slingerland and Ludwig drums that I re-wrapped in an assortment of satin flame wraps. I called this my Clown Barf drum set. The bongos are now covered in Silver Glass Glitter to be with my Rogers set in that wrap. The drum set sold in a heart beat when I traded it in at a vintage drum dealer. I took another combination of Slingerland and Leedy vintage shells to create a little 18-11-15 bop set that I wrapped in White 3-D Moire. Within a few weeks of doing this, I found a Camco Tuxedo snare in matching original wrap. The Walberg and Auge set in Salmon Satin Flame was looking very tired. So, I had Bum Wraps make faux Duco wrap in British Racing Green and Silver two-tone that was a breeze to apply to the drums. The easiest and favorite re-wrap project was to remove the White Sparkle bands of wrap that had delaminated on a set of Slingerland three-banded drums. Precision sent me the replacement bands and hoop inlays of vintage WMP that took very little time to install. This 20-12-14 set goes very well with my vintage 4x13 Radio King snare drum.

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 3 years ago
Action Another action Something else here