Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 131.06472%

The magic of Level Sealer

I have mentioned this product several times on this forum so I hope you guys are not sick of it. I made a deal with another member (I will let him identify himself), to finish this drum for him. As you can see it is covered with cigar bands. I thought this to be a challenge for the level sealer being you can safely build it to 12 dry mils and it will remain flexible. I was leery of how flat the finish would end up. I was very surprised and satisfied to end up with a really smooth finish, not bumpy like I thought it might be. I am happy with the results and feel confident the drum will never crack being I stayed within the specifications of the products.

This drum has been worked on by me and two other members. I’m sure they will identify them selves shortly. I must say, I really enjoyed the challenge!

Jeff C

Happy Fathers day everyone!

2 attachments

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 11 years ago

Wow Jeff that's really sweet. Mystery owner will really like this one!! Bowing

Great work and a very Happy Fathers Day to you!

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

Is this the answer to my interior resonance question?(see below on General drum questions)

Posted on 11 years ago

Wow. Fantastic job Jeff!

Posted on 11 years ago

From teverson-sr

Is this the answer to my interior resonance question?(see below on General drum questions)

Could be, but I have not read the question yet. I dont know the science behind how finish effects the resonence of a drum. But the big companies lay some heavy finish on there high end stuff, right? So it must be OK.

I will go and read you post Tom.

Gerald and Glenn, thank you for your comments!

Jeff C

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 11 years ago

Wow Great work Jeff.

P.S. You must have really thick lawn if you need chains on the John DeereFalling Do

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 11 years ago

From PopsOldSkins

Wow Great work Jeff.P.S. You must have really thick lawn if you need chains on the John DeereFalling Do

Thanks!

(still thinking it might snow,lol.)

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 11 years ago

Hope you didn't smoke all those cigars.

Posted on 11 years ago

Great looking job. Good to know this is out there if I ever need it.

Is this it? :

http://www.distributorserviceinc.com/unit-detail-01e329.html?UnitId=350&Unit=Level-Sealer&CatId=218&Category=Level-Sealer

Posted on 11 years ago

Very unique and a job very well done Jeff !!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here