Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Stewart drums, good deal?

Is this a good deal? Would be hard to locate missing parts for this?

Thank you!!

http://desmoines.craigslist.org/msg/2453115017.html

Thank you!
Jeff C

"Enjoy every sandwich" Warren Zevon
Posted on 13 years ago

From jccabinets

Is this a good deal? Would be hard to locate missing parts for this?Thank you!!http://desmoines.craigslist.org/msg/2453115017.html

Hi, At that asking price i would buy it.It looks like a clean set by the photos..The set is made by Star with a stewart badge's..The only parts i see missing is the front head/hoop/T-rods and claws...In my pile of vintage M.I.J. parts i most likey have the claws and T-rods for the bass.....Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

I agree-that price is good.Aqua sparkle,Speed King bass pedal,cases for the drums,and maybe a few Knick-Knacks that aren't listed.No hi-hat?And you can probably do a good replication of the hoop strip with a Jonnistix glitter job-I have seen this color glitter.

These particular drums are not my favorite MIJ's.I prefer the next generation w/o rerings and grey interior paint.But they'd be a fun resto for little cash.

Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks guys, thats what I wanted to hear. This kit is like 200 miles away but the seller has a friend that is coming within 50 miles from me and will bring the kit that far. I think I will do it. I will be contacting you on the parts (Mike). Thanks again. I bought a lot of stuff lately, I must be into it!

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 13 years ago

Is there a rack tom missing from this kit or do you think its supposed to be that way?

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 13 years ago

No,It's a 4 piece-there is no clip on the bar for where the 13"would be.

Posted on 13 years ago

pics for future reference. I'm sure JCcabinets will post some after pics when restored though.

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 13 years ago

Well it did not work out. Her friend does not have room in her truck to get them closer to me. I dont want to drive 200 miles to get them. Must not be any Vintage drum collectors in that area. Ill keep looking. What I reall wnt is a kit that I can cover with veneer or one that I can do a custom finish on.

Thank you!
Jeff C

Posted on 13 years ago

A buddy of mine and I picked up an early-80's Export earlier this year for around $150.00 off the 'bay.Made a 100 mi.round trip to get them.Seperate lugs,standard dimensions and all the hardware,cases for everything and a full set of A Zildjian seconds(which aren't sold any more).My point is this-no-one would touch them 'cause the covering on two drums had split from being stored in an extremely cold garage in the winter.Nothing else was damaged in any way.No one else even bid.You are in a position to get exactly what you want for next to nothing,if you watch and wait.....If I can do it,you can.Mikey's idea of looking on C/L under yard sales and entering "drum" in the search bar-BRILLIANT!Every week there has been a hit.

Posted on 13 years ago

Stewart good drums??...For whats its worth;I used a 10 lug COS Stewart snare at a weekend show and would never hesitate to put in rotation,in fact for an outdoor venue it was perfect..How much you say?/..20.00 bucks and its in excellent conditionWalking

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here