Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Snare straps for your project

Hey guys, if anyone has a snare project going on, I have a great source for snare tension straps made of clothe, I'm so excited about this stuff I re did all my snares with this stuff. It works so much better than cord or plastic. lays flatter on the head, throw works nice and smooth, and won't frey like cord will. I can throw you some FREE samples if you want to check it out, yes I said free, trying to do some good deeds with all the crap going on in the world................peaceband3

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 11 years ago

Yes I sure would like to try some. Sending a PM thanks......btw I'd be happy to pay you back the postage if you like.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

PM sent. Ditto on the postage.

Best.

Stephen

Vintage Drum Student
Posted on 11 years ago

They are in the mail boys, I know you will love these...............

Posted on 11 years ago

Thank you very much! Cool1

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 11 years ago

Yes, many thanks.

Best.

Stephen

Vintage Drum Student
Posted on 11 years ago

Are you using Gros Grain?

Posted on 11 years ago

From FatherTime

Are you using Gros Grain?

Yeah, I'd wondered that too. That's what the BroNwyn stuff was made out of, I believe.

Best.

Stephen

Vintage Drum Student
Posted on 11 years ago

Is this what you are using?? or something else.. ?? just curious to give it a try..

Percussion

Polyester grosgrain in a 5/8 inch width can be used as the tensioning material attaching the snares of a snare drum to the throw-off mechanism, with the ribbing providing good insurance against slippage. Some like to use it in an attempt to lessen sympathetic snare buzz from external sources as it will hold the tab ends of the snares closer to the head than string and it will provide more dampening than mylar straps.

Cheers

John

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.
Posted on 11 years ago

I dion't know the technical name for it, however I friend of mine knows someone that owns a fabric shop, and he is a drummer which is how I found out about it. so I bought a spool of it. and its unreal beats the crap out of cord (you guys remember an old post I sent long ago where my cord kept on freying, and eventully split?) so I took off all my plastic straps and line cord and replaced it with this stuff and its the bomb, so I thought I would share with you guys, G

Posted on 11 years ago
Action Another action Something else here