Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.65344%

Slingerland Aluminum Student model/10 lug 5x14"

This is a 1960's Slingerland 5x14" Aluminum student model #140 snare drum, 10 lugs, brass stick savers. It came with its original snare stand and drum case. Killer little drum. VGC !

1 attachments
Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 10 years ago

I just purchased one of these off CL last week. Nice sounding drum.

Posted on 10 years ago

I have one too....not all put back together yet...sure looks cool.....

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 10 years ago

What are they like? I just bought a 10 lug version ($22.90+ shipping to the other side of the world). I'm guessing pretty close to an Acro?

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 10 years ago

Mike Layton compared them to the first generation Acrolites, They don't sound like the acro's everyone is use to.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 10 years ago

It's a Slingy Model 140

Posted on 10 years ago

these are beautiful snares. ive not had the chance to play the 10 lugger, just the 8. did they make these in 6 lug too? looks great mark!

mike

Posted on 10 years ago

Mike, the 10 lug model has a cleaner voice than the 8 lug model. They didn't come in 6 lug models only 8 and 10 lug.

Posted on 10 years ago

Man, is that for sale? What a cool drum.

Posted on 10 years ago

Thank you ! no, this is my 2nd 10 lug model. this one I'll keep.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here