Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

slingerland 63 snare

Hey All

I am not able to find this type of snare throw off in the places I have looked.

Any insight into this drum?

Thanks

Matt

2 attachments
Posted on 14 years ago

Never mind, the throw off is a replacement. Thats why I couldnt find it...

Posted on 14 years ago

Some older pearl,or one of many Taiwan copies of it

________

Frying

Selling cymbals Made in Turkey

http://turkishcymbalserbia.weebly.com/
Posted on 14 years ago

I am guessing it is the 63 artist model snare.

Any guesses how hoard it would be to find the original throw off? Didn't see much on ebay.

Posted on 14 years ago

How many holes behind the replacement throw?Not sure if Zoomatics were available then,but it was probably either the standard throw or a Zoomatic,which had 3 holes-2 small and 1 big in the middle.

Posted on 14 years ago

Matt, isn't your drum a six lug model, the rapid strainer you need are on ebay fairly often, mark

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Not quite my drum yet. Still working on it ;-)

Posted on 14 years ago

You are in luck, sort of. That is a cheap-n-cheesy throw and is a real work of art....not. It is, however, a match as far as the hole spacing. It should be a direct fit, no drilling required. So, the question is, from me to you, is: Do you have a P-83? I have a '76 Acrolite that has a Rapid Strainer, in excellent condition on it, and in the never ending quest to help another, I would be willing to trade. I do not want a P-85, although that would be the correct one for my drum. I have heard too many people complain about the 85 sticking during the flip and have no desire to experience it first hand as I have enough problems with the cheap MIJ type currently on "your" drum.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Appears to be a Deluxe Student Model, and would take a Rapid Strainer.

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

@jonnistix - I appreciate your offer. I don't actually own the drum yet. Still working on that part. What version is the P-83? I am a Newb...

I think this drum used the zoomatic snare strainer. It appears to be the 63 artists model.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here