Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

slingerland 63 snare

From MattKern

@jonnistix - I appreciate your offer. I don't actually own the drum yet. Still working on that part. What version is the P-83? I am a Newb... I think this drum used the zoomatic snare strainer. It appears to be the 63 artists model.

Yes sir, I got that it is not your yet, hence the " ". As long as it looks like the Rapid, I would be satisfied. It would need to be from a metal snare, 5.5" deep. I understand there are more than one version of P-83, and it would have to able to clear the hoop on the batter side. The one for the Acro/Supra has a deeper set back that the one off the jazz fest/pioneer.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Matt. I and kevins have already told you the model name it is a 6 lug deluxe student model i can tell it is a 6 lug drum from the lug spacing in your photo this drum photoed is not the artist snare drum they do not come in 6 lug versions, also you need the rapid strainer that jonnistix is showing you a picture of, so he has the strainer you need starring you in the face,,Cool1

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Sorry, I missed the " " on the first read. If I end up with I will give you a ping.

"Matt. I and kevins have already told you the model name i..."

Are you saying I am thick headed? I will buy that. ;-)

Thanks guys for the info. I will check back when victorious.

Posted on 14 years ago

From MattKern

Hey AllI am not able to find this type of snare throw off in the places I have looked. Any insight into this drum?ThanksMatt

Yes its not a slingerland strainer......

I worked for them from 70 to 85....Slinger had the zoom the 673 and then the TDR,,,,we had some Radio king stuff laying around but it was not used...

Occassionally we were asked to build stuff but not drill for our product as a drum shop or music store would put on other parts....

You might check with Pro drum shop in Hollywood as they did a custom stuff.

Also are you sure its a slingerland drum? I have a *** set that looks like a Slingerland set...

But the shells are not as is the hardware....I recovered mine and used Slingerland name tags etc...

You may have a recover...Take an interior shot of the shell showing the edges...

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here