Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Slingerland 1968 Blue Agate Clean Up

That pedal just did not feel good under my foot. I use it for Photo-ops only.

Posted on 13 years ago

Got the 14 back from Precision. Judge for yourself ... I believe they did an amazing job of color/pattern matching that wrap for this one. The first pic is of the 12 and the "new" 14 floor. The lighting makes it a bit more difficult to tell, but the 14 is spot on. It is also a perfect match with the bass and the other 13 and 16. Spot on.

I'm allowing the inlay strip to setup overnight. I'll get the kit set up tomorrow and will take it for a spin. Should be a hoot. I'll get some pics taken by the weekend. Kind of exciting.

The other pic is a puzzle the wife and I did during our most recent snow storm. Missed another three days of school for this one. Fun on a bun!

Posted on 13 years ago

Looks like she turned out real nice.

Kevin
Posted on 13 years ago

Here's the Little Blue Jazzer set up. I did a quick sound check and like what I'm hearing. Neato kit!

The wrap on the 14 floor is really nice. Precision did a great job color/pattern matching it. I'm finding that the lighting is tough to nail when taking pics of these onyx/agate kits. Dang tough.

This gives me three cat specific kits in one. It can be the:

50N New "Rock" Outfit

1N Gene Krupa De Luxe Outfit

9N Modern Jazz Outfit

That's kinda cool.

The floor tom is a 65 shell that blends nicely with the rest of the 68 kit.

Precision also sent me the bass inlay that was missing. I got that installed and the bass is now humming along just fine. We are at 100% and holding strong.

Posted on 13 years ago

Wow - looks really great!

James

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 13 years ago

how could you not be happy with that kit!

Posted on 13 years ago

Very nice, McJ! Good to see you back in the saddle! Sweet little kit and great job on the clean up and match.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

Thanks J. It's also good to see your typed mutterings. That was a bit scary.

I did a quick video sound test but the file came up damaged. I worked on it for over two hours and finally gave up. I saw it and liked it. It sounds GREAT. For now, you'll just have to take my word for it. I'm too tired to drag it all out and set it up and do it again. Just too lazy!

Posted on 13 years ago

Verra nice!

Kits:
1950s Gretsch Name Band in Midnight Blue Pearl (13/16/22/14sn)
1965/66 Ludwig Club Dates rewrapped in Black Diamond Pearl (12/15/20)
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here