Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 132.86848%

Slingerland 1968 Blue Agate Clean Up

From mcjnic

Checked all the metal parts.All the chrome is in really good shape. The zinc screws are almost all perfect. No rust and no oxidation. Unreal.I haven't cleaned anything yet. This one's almost a freebie.

Wait a minute. I thought we were supposed to mark all the lugs so they can go back in their original places. (That chrome looks to be in amazing shape.) Nice work.

B

Vintage Drum Fan (Not a Guru)
Posted on 13 years ago

Beautiful kit!

Curious how you like those dream cymbals. I have been looking into them lately but havent gotten to hear any yet....or are they not dreams? Logo looks similar in the pic.

Thanks!

Adam

Posted on 13 years ago

They are indeed Dream Bliss cymbals. Just picked up the matching left to the one on the right. Both are 19s. To put it mildly, I love the snot out of them. They speak to me, anyway. Some people don't dig 'em.

These two are perfectly stepped - high to low. Outstanding match.

The bells are excellent and they both open up with beautiful crashes. The lower one is deep and dark and almost angry. The higher one speaks with a snap of authority. (my words are a bit strange, but this is what I hear)

I mix and match my cymbals, so these will get quite a bit of play.

I'll post a video of the two on my YouTube site eventually. That should allow you to hear the pairing without you having to make the trip and my wife cook you a meal.

Posted on 13 years ago

Those are gorgeous man!

Muchas gracias - El Stinko
Posted on 13 years ago

Very, Very Nice!!

Posted on 13 years ago

Sweet. I have heard good things about their cymbals. Been meaning to try them out, and the prices seem to make that a pretty easy task. Not sure if their prices are still as crazy low as they were a year or so ago, but either way....I think Ill try to find someone that has some in their shop and go give em a listen. Thanks for the great description!

Adam

Posted on 13 years ago

Nice drums! I had a 20/12/14 set just like that, probably from around '66 or so. I think that wrap doesn't generally fade to the extent that a WMP or Silver sparkle would. Slingerland's Blue agate is usually a very strong finish and they are one of my favorite Slingerland wrap colors, just behind Peacock Sparkle and Dark Blue Sparkle.

Posted on 13 years ago

So, I set the bass up with the 12 mounted on a long Buddy single Tom arm and a spare 1965 floor Tom I had hanging around. I skinned them with calf and let them seat up. I played it with a sweet COB Krupa. Pretty good, but a bit too strong for these drums. Next was a 71 Slingy wood Artist snare with a goat batter. It just didnt have the right blend. I then popped in a Ludwig supra. Perfect tones for these drums.

Not a bad jazz kit.

It's got some nice warm round tones. I'm impressed.

I'm now thinking that I should have the 14 floor professionally wrapped in a matching blue agate.

I may never finish this kit.

Posted on 13 years ago

Sent the 14 floor off today. I'm having Precision color/pattern match the kit and wrap the odd little 14 floor. Looking forward to this one. I played the kit as a little jazzer and it sounded pretty cool. It also sounds good with the 13/16 config. So ... two kits in one? Why not.

I'll update when Precision sends me back my drums.

Posted on 13 years ago

Did you not like the older BD pedal ??

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here