Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Slingerland 1950-55 Radio King Restore HELP!

also let me start at the beginning again, how much wood working experience do you have? the first pics is that a floor tom or bass drum with the ply separation, and the re ring separation?

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago

The bass drum has not been cut and resized they just glued a peice of wood on top in the inside. So I guess my more main question is should I take out the inner ply of mahogany and put a new layer in and re glue the support rings in? Would that ruin the sound quality. I have a neighbor that does wood working for a living and I have built an entire kitchen.

Posted on 13 years ago

what is that piece of wood glued inside the shell for anyway? and no don't strip the inside ply of wood that is easily repairable, just use wood glue and clamps to secure it back down.

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 13 years ago

Does that ruin the "sound" to the drum? Or could I get away with it if the original is not salvageable?

Posted on 13 years ago

From Slingerland_Drummer

Does that ruin the "sound" to the drum? Or could I get away with it if the original is not salvageable?

You don't want to remove the inner ply, yes it will effect the sound of the drum, what has you so concerned as your going to have to go that route?

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here