Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

Score! '78 Slingerlands - All Original

Well, let's try this again. Couldn't post from Flickr earlier today

Here it is, all shiny, new Ambassador heads, new snare straps, and of course the little three eared knob I pressed on the Zoomatic shaft. It cleaned up really nicely, and it sounds sweet! Love it, love it, love it!

Slingerland Zildjian Aquarian
Posted on 16 years ago

that's lovely. Congratulations on your find and on your photo skills. Those look really good.

myspace.jcymbal
youtube/jkcymbal
Posted on 16 years ago

Is it a threading problem with the Zoom? You could re-thread the pieces. There's a seller on Ebay JERRISATTIC and SISTERACT (same person) she has all kinds of odd parts for drums, she might have what you need.

Posted on 16 years ago

Just looked at the snare pix. Try using a knob from a muffler (tone control) from Slingerland, the threads should be the same, you can cut the shaft to the correct length.

Posted on 16 years ago

There's no question about it...those drums are damn nice! They are EXCEPTIONALLY nice!

If you can complete it with some era-specific hardware (pedals, etc.) then you will have a piece of drum history fit for a museum.

Clapping Happy2Clapping Happy2Clapping Happy2Clapping Happy2

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

I doubt that I will be using any of the original hardware, with the exception of the snare stand, simply becuase it's just not nearly as good as my Tama stuff. I will be keeping all of it in a safe place though, along with the original heads

My Tama bass pedal is the early, all silver precurser to the Iron Cobra, chain drive with adjustable cam. I love the feel of it, and it actually looks good with vintage gear. Also, I have the matching single braced heavy duty hi-hat stand too, I love the feel of it too, especially on the lightest setting.

Speaking of heads, check my other post for news on that front.

Posted on 16 years ago

Just got the new heads last night, only have the 12"x8" completed so far, but here it is....................

2 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

Here it is all shiny and clean with new Aquarian heads.

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

I just registered today - to try and find some Slingerland Black Chrome drums - do a quick search and THIS is what I find.

Congrats on the purchase - wish I was 30 days faster than you! :)

kestrou

Posted on 16 years ago

From kestrou

I just registered today - to try and find some Slingerland Black Chrome drums - do a quick search and THIS is what I find.Congrats on the purchase - wish I was 30 days faster than you! :)kestrou

Ha, thanks, but I'm glad you weren't! Walking

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here