Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

rubber feet for Slingerland 60's -70's flat based stands

Does anybody on here know of a source for rubber feet for Slingerland 60's/70's flat based stands? The ones with the aluminum rectangular profile legs. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted on 16 years ago

This guy has some good stuff, is a good Ebayer. I bought stuff from him before, very pleasant to deal with.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZgoddahavQQssPageNameZADMEQ3aBQ3aTB19Q3aUSQ3a3

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

Ace is the place with the helpful hardware man.

While I'm as OC as the next dude, all manner of

rubber tips can be found in the nuts and bolts

section.

One year ( many ago ) I did all my stands in

white tips for fun.

They ended up black eventually...

:2Cents:

Proudly Endorsing Drums and Cymbals

Posted on 16 years ago

Try Danmar Percussion Products, not only do they make new rubber tips in 3different sizes,(in your case you want the medium ones, I think there's 12 in a pack) but they make a great repro of the camco/slingerland flat based cymbal stand of the 50's-60's era. I bought 2 a few yrs ago and I love them, no more tripping over stands in tight places

Posted on 16 years ago

I've had great luck on eBay too with a seller named raulicruz. I have both the smaller size for earlier Ludwig, Slingerland and Rogers stands, and I recently bought the larger size for some of my Atlas stands and they were perfect. His family owns a factory that produces these things. He's been a great seller and ships fast. Go here: http://instruments.search.ebay.com/_Percussion_W0QQcatrefZC12QQsacatZ10172QQsassZraulicruz48

Matt

Ludwig-Zildjian-Aquarian
Posted on 16 years ago

cruz's 1/2" rubber tips(per dozen) are $11.50 plus shipping...danmar 1/2" tips are $7.90 to $9.00 plus shipping(per dozen),depending on who you buy from..don't know if one is better then the other..

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

cruz's 1/2" rubber tips(per dozen) are $11.50 plus shipping...danmar 1/2" tips are $7.90 to $9.00 plus shipping(per dozen),depending on who you buy from..don't know if one is better then the other..

CORRECTION

Cruz is currently selling the 1/2" for $6.99 plus $2.85 ship. 5/8" are $5.75 plus the $2.85.

The quality is excellent and they look exactly like factory originals. I'm sure Danmars are fine as well but haven't used them.

Matt

Ludwig-Zildjian-Aquarian
Posted on 16 years ago

yeah I saw that 6.99 price on the ebay listing too ..in the begining of the listing he says a dozen for 6.99 , however at the end of the listing he says if you want a dozen to contact him..I was a little confused so I emailed him and asked for the price on a dozen 1/2" tips he quoted me $11.50 plus $4.85 for shipping (I live in Baltimore)..so I don't know what's going on..

Posted on 16 years ago

Quoted post

yeah I saw that 6.99 price on the ebay listing too ..in the begining of the listing he says a dozen for 6.99 , however at the end of the listing he says if you want a dozen to contact him..I was a little confused so I emailed him and asked for the price on a dozen 1/2" tips he quoted me $11.50 plus $4.85 for shipping (I live in Baltimore)..so I don't know what's going on..

That's so strange. I've never had any issues with the guy, he's been a total gentleman and I've never been charged that much for his product. Something is screwy there I guess.

Matt

Ludwig-Zildjian-Aquarian
Posted on 16 years ago

I emaled him and asked why $6.99 a doz. on listing but when I contact him he says $11.50...just got this reply... "That is the new price. However you are getting a break since you asked before I revised the price. If you buy it now I will adjust invoice for the dozen price. Price on the auction is just for 6 pieces." .. Don't ask me what that means, its typical e-bay doublespeak, bait & switch,call it what you like....Oh yeah,his price for shipping is high too. $4.85 ? Ive sent stuff to Europe, First Class,that weighs more,for less money...

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here