Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Rogers Fullerton

Thought I would move this over to the restoration section.

Ok, finally got them. Well, they are wraped. You guys were right on the mark. The drums are 14"x24" kick, 16"x16" floor tom, 10"x14" and 9"x13" toms. The shells seem ok, and the edges too. The front bass drum rerings has speckle on the outside of it. If it was sanded it was just the flat surface of it. The wraps are tight and no splitting anywhere. Just a few little nicks and a little tom rash on the bass drum. They are filthy but not scratched up at all. The 14" Tom is dis colored but it may clean up. It was in his attic and the lugs are pitted pretty bad and tom mount facing has lost chrome and rusted. Still operable though. Spurs and tom legs and mounts seem fine. Only one bent trod of the 10. Fixable.all mufflers are on the toms as well as the script badges. 2 on each mounted tom.missing one tom holder of the bass drum tom mount. I'll need a couple of those short tension rods to secure the ball but nothing seems stripped. It's in rough shape right now but I think it is going to clean up fine with minimal parts replacement. If that 14" doesn't come back I can always play it as a 4 piece. Just the bad pitting on the 14" lugs . I see potential here. I may be able to bring these back to a pretty nice kit. For some reason I can only post one pic at a time. K, going to remove some hardware and see how that 13" might clean up. Have all the hardware off the 13". Just being careful. I guess I should remove the script badges too. I see the three little nais that hold them on. This is my first Rogers complete tear down. I have done it with Ludwigs, Premiers, Slingerland's, PDP's, so if there are any little tricks or things please chime in and help me out. Shells are in round and edges are really good. A little flea bite on the reso of the 13". Nothing serious I can see so far. If that 14" is just dust and dirt I may have a brand new looking set when I am finished. Going to take a while though. Tag on the 13" says, Rogers Drums, USA, Serial No. 39359, then in small numbers at bottom left, 60-5322 9/72.

The 14" has some fade, and the lugs are badly pitted. Inside of the lugs are pristine. It was left in a attic and possibly close to a attic window. I wonder if after cleaning it there is something I can wipe it down with to darken it up. The shell is fine.

1 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

Hy Vibes

i think this set will turn out really nice! A few things to replace should not be that problem;-) When you cleaned up the old Lady and put some new heads on it, i am sure thats a graet kit!

Let us know how things are turn out:-)

Best wishes and have fun with the restoration:-)

regards

Christian

Posted on 10 years ago

Finished stripping the bass drum this morning and wiped it up along with the rest of the shells. Except for a little fade on the 14" these are really nice shells. Wraps are tight. A few small scuff marks but nothing major. I am sure a good polishing will fix them up. I don't have any Novus but have some Mequires PlastiX which works really well. Going to see if I can get that 14 matching up a little better.

1 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

I am thrilled. The PlastX is working. This after on good elbow greasing. One more should do it. Plus it took out all the little scuff marks.

1 attachments
Posted on 10 years ago

Looks great..

Shoot me a message it you need hardware ..

Have 2 tom arms..and a complete set of lugs,screws for the tom (from a 13" 68 Dayton tom).. [email]Kfabian1970@gmail.com[/email]

Bop iT / Til U Drop iT.

ROGER's
1964 Cleveland,.18/14/12 in WMP
1966 Cleveland, 20/14/12 O'natural.
Fullerton,...20/16/13/12 Silver Glass

WFL
1957 B/R Super Classics In WMP

Snares..
Wood & COB Powertones,
Wood & COB Dynasonics,
57 Jazz Festival

Zildjian avedis cymbals.
40s/60s era.
Posted on 10 years ago

Tim - Any work, or $ that you put into those drums will be well-worth it! I have a 9/72 Fullerton kit in Blue Onyx and it sounds killer! Wait until you get them all back together, you'll be glad you went through all the effort!

Hmmm, that PlastX sounds interesting, I'm going to check it out.

John

Too many great drums to list here!

http://www.walbergandauge.com/VintageVenue.htm
Posted on 10 years ago

I was wondering if that plastic headlight polish would do the trick. Looks like it did!! Sweet kit there and 24" bass is killer!! Nice deal I need to check CL more often LOL.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 10 years ago

Nice to see an old Rogers kit being brought back to life.When you`re done... i wish i could see that big grin on your face.This project will be most rewarding for you so enjoy every step of it.Fantastic drums !!!

Wayne

1967 Rogers Cleveland Champagne Sparkle
1967/68 Rogers Dayton Champagne Sparkle
1966 Rogers cob 7 Line Dynasonic Snare.
1967 Rogers "Humberto Morales" Timbales.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge 14x 6.5 Black Beauty Snare.
1980 Ludwig B/O badge Red Cortex
1988 Sonor "Horst Link" HLD 590 14x8 Bronze Snare
Posted on 10 years ago

I use the Meguiar's Plastic polish and find it comparable to Novus 2. I still go over the drum with Novus 1 after using the Meguiar's. Good stuff.

Posted on 10 years ago

Rims n Skins, I do need one tom holder. The whole ball mount. I am probably going to get them set up for a 4 piece at first. The mount on the 14" has a lot of rust and lost half the chrome. It will work but won't look as good. I have a extra 24" hoop, heads, claws, and trods I can use to get the kick drum playable. Will need bottom rims, tension rods, and heads for the Tom's. So actually only going to have to buy those to get them playable.

I am going to use what I always use for heads. Coated Ambassadors. Ohhh I need some of those tension rod type screws for the ball mount like on the floor tom leg mounts for my 13" ball mount. Does anyone know the size off the top of there heads or have a couple extra ones ?

John, that Meguires PlastX works good. It's about the same price as a bottle of Novus 2. $6 or $7 bucks. I also wax them with Turtle wax and scratch remover after the Meguires.

I also love the smell of WD40 in the morning.

Posted on 10 years ago
Action Another action Something else here