Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Ringo's cymbals in new Get Back documentary

Beatles fans will be well aware of this new three-part documentary coming out. I've watched every clip available so far on the YouTubes. I managed to take a few screenshots of Ringo behind his drums. The crash has an ink stamp on it. What do we have here? Is that an Avedis? I don't think so. You can see the hammering and lathing more clearly in the video as the cymbal is moving around and it almost looks like some older Italian made cymbal.

Your thoughts?

Posted on 2 years ago

He mite of kept sone of his pies from his old set

April 2nd 1969 scarfed pink champagne holly wood and 65/66 downbeat snare, and , supra same year very minty kit old pies
66/67 downbeat with canister
Super 400 small round knob
1967 super classic obp

once the brass ceases to glitter, and the drum looses its luster, and the stage remains dark, all you have left is the timbre of family.
Posted on 2 years ago

It looks more like a Paiste than a Zildjian to me.

Posted on 2 years ago

Ringo's affiliation with Ludwig might have provided him with Paiste cymbals back in the early years. Ringo may be like many of us mere mortals who form strong attachments to our cymbals that we have used with many different drum sets. In my case, I have consistently used my A. Zildjians from back in the late 1950s with countless different drum sets. Please see the following link.

https://www.cymbal.wiki/wiki/Paiste_Ludwig

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago

I've heard Avedis, Super-Zyn, Ajax, Krut and even Arbiter mentioned as cymbals Ringo may have used at one time or another, but I've never heard any mention of Paiste.

Can we confirm that that is indeed a Paiste. I'm certain it is, but I think I just need to hear someone else confirm it.

Posted on 2 years ago

Why don't you ask Ringo when you request his autograph? Just kidding...

No matter how far you push the envelope, it is still stationery.
Posted on 2 years ago

I'm no Ringo fanboy. I'm just interested in what gear certain drummers used back in the day.

Posted on 2 years ago

Doesn’t really look like Zildjian or Paiste to me. Aren’t Paiste’s hammering more uniform? That looks like hand, or hand guided, hammering to me. Which would be similar to A Zildjian but the shape, lathing and color don’t make me say “Zildjian”.

That wasn’t much help was it?

Cobalt Blue Yamaha Recording Custom 20b-22b-8-10-12-13-15-16f-18f
Red Ripple '70's Yamaha D-20 20b-12-14f
Piano Black Yamaha Recording Custom Be-Bop kit 18b-10-14f
Snares:
Yamaha COS SDM5; Yamaha Cobalt Blue RC 5-1/2x14; Gretsch round badge WMP; 1972 Ludwig Acrolite; 1978 Ludwig Super Sensitive; Cobalt Blue one-off Montineri; Yamaha Musashi 6.5X13 Oak; cheap 3.5X13 brass piccolo
Posted on 2 years ago

Here is another cymbal we can obsess over....Look closely at the attached pic and note the splash cymbal between his ride and the floor tom. Maybe it was used in the "flapper" sounding "Honey Pie" on "the white album?"

Regards, MB

1 attachments
Posted on 2 years ago

From jaghog

He mite of kept sone of his pies from his old set

Is there a clue here?: A four of fish and finger pies

Posted on 2 years ago
Action Another action Something else here