Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.46347%

Restored pedal pics

Posted on 12 years ago

Nice. Wondering what paint you used on the Speed King?

Posted on 12 years ago

The paint is gray "Hammerite," now made by Rustoleum. Got it at Wal Mart. I also used black Hammerite on the Slingerland. It gives a bit of texture. Next time I might also bead blast the SK frame....

Posted on 12 years ago

The frame is Hammerite - the footboard was bead blasted, then a couple of coats of clear enamel.

Posted on 12 years ago

Gert lush!!!!

Yeah- I'm THAT guy!!!

Dead dogs like rusty fire hydrants!!!
Posted on 12 years ago

Nice!! You do good work!

Gary G.
1963 Ludwig Gold Sparkle Hollywood Kit
Ludwig Collection: 10 Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Customized Vintage Snare Drums, 4 Vintage Foot Pedals, 1 Single Value Bugle
Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks! Lots of help from the forum...and a LOT of trial and error.

Posted on 12 years ago

Hey, guys, I have been working on a couple of Speed Kings myself, and I have a problem with one of the footboards. It has broken on one side where the heel plate attaches to the under plate...is there any recourse other than looking for another footboard? Any repair ideas out there?

Posted on 12 years ago

Do you mean that "U" shaped part on the heel end of the footboard? If so...I wouldn't know how to fix it....

might be a metal working kind of guy on here who knows....

Posted on 12 years ago

"Okay: 1 Speed King, 2 Tempo Kings. New bearings all around. Threaded bolts on the Slingerlands through the spring mount on the center rod to eliminate the normal slop. "

Hi there , I just bought a Tempo King with the "slop" at spring mount/centre rod too.. did you just Knock out the expansion pin & drill a slightly larger hole to accomodate a threaded bolt or did you tap a thread through the centre rod??

Also it may be just the picture angle, on the blue pedal it looks like the alloy hoop clamp is sitting at an angle to the hoop???.

On the one I have it is also sitting at an angle.. reason the main mount hole in the clamp piece was drilled way off centre at the factory.. My plan is to create a slot at this screw hole so that the clamp will sit properly on the hoop.

hope you follow my questions...

Cheers

'77 Slingerland 51N,Super Rock 24,18,14,13.. COW 8,10 Concert toms
'69 Slingerland Hollywood Ace
'75 Rogers Dynasonic 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'77-78 Slingerland 6.5 x 14, 10 lug COB
'78-79 Slingerland 5 1/4 x14 8 lug COB
'79 Biman 5 1/4, Acrolite
'82 Slingerland 5 1/4 x 14. Festival COS
'84 Tama MasterCraft Superstar 6.5 x 14, 10 lug Rosewood
'98 Slingerland (Music YO) 6" 10 Lug Maple.. NOS
Zildjian, Sabian , UFIP & Paiste mix.